Terror Attacks in Europe in 2019

Honestly had to look up what you are talking about as I hadn't heard about it. Is this it?

I have no idea what Norways gun ownership laws are or if people in Norway normally walk around armed, but the fact he walked into a mosque armed with a firearm of some description would relay planned intent.

This bloke was armed with a knife, probably something he pulled out of his kitchen drawer. He walked out into the Sydney CBD during afternoon rush hour and only injures one person. Hell, if I wanted to stab a bunch of people, I would have headed for the train station.

If I really wanted to cause a terrorist incident in Sydney, I would have called an Uber saying I was heading for the airport and asking for someone with a big 4WD, killed the driver when they turned up and start flattening pedestrians as they were leaving work
You are trying to apply rational thinking to someone who stabbed someone and then went to declare their religious beliefs before asking to be shot.

You are trying to apply rational thinking to someone who stabbed someone and then went to declare their religious beliefs before asking to be shot.
Comes back to what you said earlier.

Brings us back to the endless debate over mental health v other motivation in case of terror attacks.
Latest info says this guy has had mental health problems in the past and the cops knew about it.

Last edited:

Bravo_Bravo

On ROPS
On ROPs
Fixed that for you.

Nobody, absolutely nobody should ever be physically attacked because of the religion they, or others believe in.

I'm all for free-speech and open criticism of any religion, and condemn violence inspired by any religion.

Sadly on that note [and not in Europe], I see we have had another individual who has sought to murder and maim in the name of Islam in Australia today.

Plenty of people have told you that nerely shouting "Allahu Akhbar" does not imply a religious motive. There may have been one, obviously.

I have no doubt that when in NI or the ME, you would on occasion shout "Jesus Christ" which does not mean you're out on Ops because you're a G*dbotherer.

Most (normal) people would have made mention that two Brits helped detain this bloke (who the article mentions has MH issues, which must annoy you) was detained by two Brits using chairs.

But you chose not to.

Honestly had to look up what you are talking about as I hadn't heard about it. Is this it?

I have no idea what Norways gun ownership laws are or if people in Norway normally walk around armed, but the fact he walked into a mosque armed with a firearm of some description would relay planned intent.

If this was planned, I could have given him a few pointers for places to go for illegal firearms to commit crimes with. Most likely supplied by grateful Middle Eastern gentlemen.

This bloke was armed with a knife, probably something he pulled out of his kitchen drawer. He walked out into the Sydney CBD during afternoon rush hour and only injures one person. Hell, if I wanted to stab a bunch of people, I would have headed for the train station.

If I really wanted to cause a terrorist incident in Sydney, I would have called an Uber saying I was heading for the airport and asking for someone with a big 4WD, killed the driver when they turned up and start flattening pedestrians as they were leaving work.
So you still reckon the attack in Australia where the stabber was shouting "Allahu Akbar" and "Shoot-Me" has absolutely nothing to do with Islamic Martyrdom?

It's just an unfortunate sequence of words?

Then surely you must agree the attack in Norway has nothing to do with 'right-wing terror'?

You are contradicting yourself just because the Norway attacker had to 'plan' to get a weapon - he planned his attack so well - there were only 3 people in attendance at his target and he was overpowered by a pensioner.

Both were terror attacks, both motivated by their respective deplorable ideology.

Bravo_Bravo

On ROPS
On ROPs
So you still reckon the attack in Australia where the stabber was shouting "Allahu Akbar" and "Shoot-Me" has absolutely nothing to do with Islamic Martyrdom?

Then surely you must agree the attack in Norway has nothing to do with 'right-wing terror'?

You are contradicting yourself just because the Norway attacker had to 'plan' to get a weapon - he planned his attack so well - there were only 3 people in attendance at his target and he was overpowered by a pensioner.

Both were terror attacks, both motivated by their respective deplorable ideology.
Good G*d, man.

Ooops, did it again.

Then surely you must agree the attack in Norway has nothing to do with 'right-wing' terror?

You are contradicting yourself just because the Norway attacker had to 'plan' to get a weapon - he planned his attack so well - there were only 3 people in attendance and he was overpowered by a pensioner.

Both were terror attacks, motivate by their respective ideology.
I've never said anywhere on this website the attack in Norway had to do with right wing terror. I've only just learnt about it. Personally, I think he is a nut as well, just with better planning.

I've never said anywhere on this website the attack in Norway had to do with right wing terror. I've only just learnt about it. Personally, I think he is a nut as well, just with better planning.
Another 'nut' and the attack had nothing to do with right-wing terror, just as this attack in Australia had nothing to do with Islam?

How can you seriously exonerate right-wing terror and Islam as motivators in the respective attacks?

Another 'nut' and the attack had nothing to do with right-wing terror, just as this attack in Australia had nothing to do with Islam?

How can you seriously exonerate right-wing terror and Islam as motivators in the respective attacks?
I'm not exonerating any sort of ideology that uses terror to spread its influence.

I just think that actual Islamic Supremecy had to do with this attack about the same amount of influence as the ice cubes in my freezer had to do with sinking the Titanic. They're ice and they probably have some of the water from that iceberg.

Have you gone out and set fire to any churches yet for the peodophiles they have sheltered over the years?

I'm not exonerating any sort of ideology that uses terror to spread its influence.

I just think that actual Islamic Supremecy had to do with this attack about the same amount of influence as the ice cubes in my freezer had to do with sinking the Titanic. They're ice and they probably have some of the water from that iceberg.

Have you gone out and set fire to any churches yet for the peodophiles they have sheltered over the years?
Of course I haven't - because I would not carry out any acts of violence regardless of my beliefs.

Yet we have 2 individuals here who have carried out acts of violence because of their beliefs. You cannot dismiss the fact that one individual was inspired by White Supremacy, the other inspired by Islam.

Of course I haven't - because I would not carry out any acts of violence regardless of my beliefs.

Yet we have 2 individuals here who have carried out acts of violence because of their beliefs. You cannot dismiss the fact that one individual was inspired by White Supremacy, the other inspired by Islam.
Inspired, sure. Just like the second invasion of Iraq was inspired by the hunt for the weapons of mass destruction that Saddam had.

Face it, we're two armchair detectives who are arguing over what we've learnt from news website. Neither of us will have any idea of what happens until the facts from the trial become public knowledge.

Inspired, sure. Just like the second invasion of Iraq was inspired by the hunt for the weapons of mass destruction that Saddam had.

Face it, we're two armchair detectives who are arguing over what we've learnt from news website. Neither of us will have any idea of what happens until the facts from the trial become public knowledge.
You're ignoring the facts - both attackers shouted extremist comments during their respective attacks, both are respective extremists.

Both are scum.

Bravo_Bravo

On ROPS
On ROPs
Liar.

You told me to my face you'd carried out at least one act of violence based on what you perceived to be The Right Thing To Do.

someone and then went to declare their religious beliefs before asking to be shot.
Is there a religiously correct way to be shot? In that case, me and my church request that blanks are used if we go batshit.

I am, fwiw, in agreement with @RoyalGreenJacket. Media coverage is showing double standards. The first thing the BBC report mentions is the mental illness. You have to get some way into their report before the seeming Jihad link to the attack is mentioned. It does not stand comparison to the way the BBC shouted out about the mosque attacker being White.

Is there a religiously correct way to be shot? In that case, me and my church request that blanks are used if we go batshit.
Only if you forgive your assassin and manage to turn the other cheek as you fall to the ground.

I am, fwiw, in agreement with @RoyalGreenJacket. Media coverage is showing double standards. The first thing the BBC report mentions is the mental illness. You have to get some way into their report before the seeming Jihad link to the attack is mentioned. It does not stand comparison to the way the BBC shouted out about the mosque attacker being White.
Agreed, irrelevant of the background of attacker(s), accounts of attacks should give equal consideration to MH potential and other motivations.

Latest Threads