Terror Attacks in Europe in 2019

The mother in law was at Victoria station an hour before the incident on her way back from Dukinfield.... Sooooo close yet so far.

Ritch

LE
Happy New Year to you all.

Let's hope it's a quiet one...
Twenty minutes into 2019 and you're thinking about terror attacks?

urban_spaceman

War Hero
Tbf, I was thinking the opposite. Almost 11 hours in, and there are none to report yet.

If the snackbar follower in Manchester hadn't been caught quickly, it would have been a terror attack in 2018 and 2019, he only had to stab for another half an hour and he'd got more Jihad points

In fairness, the BBC has now added to its report the details that the attacker was shouting 'Allah' as he tried to murder people. The investigation is being led by anti-terror police. I don't think this is an incident that will easily be passed off as mental health - related (unless we get into the debate about the relationship between all violence and mental health). It was religiously-motivated/inspired terror.

SmithSid

Old-Salt
Twenty minutes into 2019 and you're thinking about terror attacks?
Twenty minutes into 2019 and innocent people were still being treated in hospital in Manchester as a result of a terror attack in the name of a particular religion just over 20 minutes before the end of 2018, so yes I was.

What if the victims were of a dusky complexion and the attacker was shouting "Allah is a knut"?

Unlikely but you never know.

In fairness, the BBC has now added to its report the details that the attacker was shouting 'Allah' as he tried to murder people. The investigation is being led by anti-terror police. I don't think this is an incident that will easily be passed off as mental health - related (unless we get into the debate about the relationship between all violence and mental health). It was religiously-motivated/inspired terror.
The witness is a BBC employee.

The drive through (a crowd) incident in Japan may or may not be terrorist inspired but when I saw the name of the street where it took place I thought it must be somewhere in India

The drive through (a crowd) incident in Japan may or may not be terrorist inspired but when I saw the name of the street where it took place I thought it must be somewhere in India
Back in the 80s as Japanese electronics were ruling the roost, I remember one British company to make their gear look more marketable gave it the brand name Matsushita to look authentically Japanese to a chavvy English punter

Latest Threads