Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Terror attacks in Europe in 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
So how did they come to the conclusion that a religious and political system that isn't based on race as coming under a 'race'

Because it sounds like political correctness trying to defy reality

Probably because some people use the terms Asian/Muslim interchangeably and have used it as a smokescreen to try to hide overt racism, as is clearly the case with some posters on here and groups like EDL, Britain First and whichever bunch of losers TR hasn’t fallen out with yet this week.

Anti-semitism is covered under the same sections of the act IIRC.

Sorry to interrupt the bitchfest with facts.

Mossos have taken apart the Barcelona stabber's flat and find no evidence of his pertaining to a cell.
Also he split with his partner recently so it looks like he just had enough and snapped.

I'm off for a few days with my bergen into the hills so apologies for the interruption and please carry on.

With a loaded keyboard, screen to your front, in your own time, carry on.....

Further to that, the Spanish press are now saying the police are treating it as a terrorist incident but El Mundo has come up with that he was gay.
His ex-missus (Spanish) stated he wanted to commit suicide because the Muslim community wouldn't accept him because he was a homosexual.

Further to that, the Spanish press are now saying the police are treating it as a terrorist incident but El Mundo has come up with that he was gay.
His ex-missus (Spanish) stated he wanted to commit suicide because the Muslim community wouldn't accept him because he was a homosexual.

In which case why not do what any right thinking aggrieved person does and go 'postal' at place of work or target the group that's aggrieved you (in this case the local mosque)

In which case why not do what any right thinking aggrieved person does and go 'postal' at place of work or target the group that's aggrieved you (in this case the local mosque)
Did you really just try and state that somebody going “postal” was “right-thinking” ?

How many people who are wanting to commit suicide are ‘right-thinking’, do you think?

Suicide by cop.... the police are much more likely to kill him if he tried to attack them than people at a mosque.

Did you really just try and state that somebody going “postal” was “right-thinking” ?
How many people who are wanting to commit suicide are ‘right-thinking’, do you think?

Suicide by cop.... the police are much more likely to kill him if he tried to attack them than people at a mosque.

I wonder if this would be a good time to start a thread on Humour its broader aspects and uses and such Irony, sarcasm, Satire, dark humour.

However in the interests of progressing the thread

Many aggrieved individuals with a particular resentment against a specific group tend to opt for targeting that group - even if Death / suicide is the ultimate aim.

Seems odd that if snap into murderous rampage happens as a result of prejudice against his sexuality he didn't target the Mosque.
Perhaps his ex Mrs is casting stones

Last edited:
And especially on the lack of context if reliant on purely the written word.....

Normally I would agree with that, in this instance though I cannot believe anyone anywhere would consider - someone going postal as right thinking - therefore I find it really bizarre that anyone could interperate that as a serious remark.

I’ll ask you again. Have you read the Equality Act? You should. Because that defines some religions as coming under ‘race’. Islam is one of them.

No, it doesn't. Race and religion are addressed as two separate protected characteristics and the act makes no attempt to define Islam as a race. In fact, the word Islam doesn't even appear in the act.

Why are you making things up?

Normally I would agree with that, in this instance though I cannot believe anyone anywhere would consider - someone going postal as right thinking - therefore I find it really bizarre that anyone could interperate that as a serious remark.

Have you seen some of the bizarre remarks in this and other threads?

No, it doesn't. Race and religion are addressed as two separate protected characteristics and the act makes no attempt to define Islam as a race. In fact, the word Islam doesn't even appear in the act.

Why are you making things up?
Worded badly but it’s clear that it’s viewing crimes against Muslims (and other religions, not just Islam) as the same as racism in terms of a breach of the act and both are seen as hate crimes.

The Muslims aren’t a race argument is only ever used by extreme right wingers, in the same way that Jews aren’t a race is used by the extreme left wing currently.

Worded badly but it’s clear that it’s viewing crimes against Muslims (and other religions, not just Islam) as the same as racism in terms of a breach of the act and both are seen as hate crimes.

The Muslims aren’t a race argument is only ever used by extreme right wingers, in the same way that Jews aren’t a race is used by the extreme left wing currently.

That's not even close to what you said, but I'm not getting dragged into one of these emotive ****-offs.

Its likwe the tedious turds who drone on about it not being racist to fly the cross of St George.

Of course its not, but its always the racists that fly it.

The point of my post seems to have eluded you. Its not saying that there is an Islamist problem that is racist, but its usually done by the racists.

Which isn't actually the same, is it?
I sometimes wear The St George's cross on a rugby top. I am not a racist. Nor am I English, I just liked the top, which also has the 3 lions and the Tudor Rose on it. My brother and his mates (also not English) have the St George's cross on their vintage Italian scooters, they are not racists either.

Now where's yer Irish Scots and Welsh nationalists- just fer balance like- guess what they all got devolved Parliaments
These lot are supposed to be Scottish and Nationalist, but not Scottish Nationalist.
screen_shot_2017-09-11_at_13.02.13.png

Status
Not open for further replies.