Terror attacks in Europe in 2018

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Yet another convert, compelled to kill in the name of his newly adopted religion as a Muslim.

Nothing to do with Islam of course
They're nearly as bad as those Irishmen, what with killing people at random and such eh, not RGJ at all Sid?

Yet another convert, compelled to kill in the name of his newly adopted religion as a Muslim.

Nothing to do with Islam of course
It was hardly newly adopted - open source states he was associated with them since 2008.

He was a long time member of Al Muhajiroun.

it was rather suprising it took him that long to actually generate a serious plot.

It would be more accurate, in my respectful submission, to view it as evidence of the dangerous tipping point from the rather windbag nature of Al Maj as the Al Qaeida fan club - with lengthy diatribes against the west, but little actual operational potential.....

To the individual nature of the the post-DAESH terror threat.

Where it is not a case of long term plots, with an emir to give authority - but the individual being authorised (in their mind) with singular agency to "just do it".

It represents the trajectory from the old school "training camp" to the individual best effort; best exemplified by lectures such as "Thou art only accountable for thyself" (which specifically said don't go and ask permission - an Adam Ghadan Al Qaeda lecture) to DAESH's "Indeed your Lord is Ever Watchful" - which called on followers to attack with any method to hand.

It represents the fruitition of a long term and patient strategy.

Where it is not a case of long term plots, with an emir to give authority - but the individual being authorised (in their mind) with singular agency to "just do it".

It represents the trajectory from the old school "training camp" to the individual best effort; best exemplified by lectures such as "Thou art only accountable for thyself" (which specifically said don't go and ask permission - an Adam Ghadan Al Qaeda lecture) to DAESH's "Indeed your Lord is Ever Watchful" - which called on followers to attack with any method to hand.

It represents the fruitition of a long term and patient strategy.
Nike Walt.

Something tells me that al-farooq was a Sunni Iran-based media wing. Was a few years ago now though. Allahu alem, kama yaqulu.
Indeed, I certainly saw photoshopped efforts like that on pro-DAESH social media.

I was tempted to troll them with Tesco-value terrorism, "Every little helps". At the time I had to keep my sense of humour under control.

Though I am sure like many of us, I geuinely worked in one office which had this on the wall

index.png

We got told to take it down when the Chief Constable paid his one visit to the office (and for some reason my chin up bar had to come off the door frame as well). We waited till the idiot DCI had gone and then everything went back to normal. Well, as normal as we ever got.

Indeed, I certainly saw photoshopped efforts like that on pro-DAESH social media.

I was tempted to troll them with Tesco-value terrorism, "Every little helps". At the time I had to keep my sense of humour under control.

Though I am sure like many of us, I geuinely worked in one office which had this on the wall

View attachment 370116

We got told to take it down when the Chief Constable paid his one visit to the office (and for some reason my chin up bar had to come off the door frame as well). We waited till the idiot DCI had gone and then everything went back to normal. Well, as normal as we ever got.
You win the Internet today, old chap. I'm stealing that for future use.:D

Maybe We'll see who's responsible for this.

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk

Hopefully another twunt off our streets for a few years. Unsurprising it's my neck of the woods.

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk