Terror attacks in Europe in 2018

Awol

LE
Having a travel document doesn't mean a thing - signing up to the culture and '...ness' of your chosen home country is what defines you in that way. These chaps probably have UK passports, but they're not British in any sense of the word. Because that's how they want it.

I'm going to buy a fishing licence, but never, ever go fishing. Am I therefore a fisherman?

for f'sake. I was half joking when I suggested this would happen a day or two ago and here it is.
2019, New year same Shiote.

Unless I stand corrected, the MHA route 'appears' to be the swifter & preferred route for Both Police & L.A. as it doesn't suck up all resources. Unless it's mass terror related incident is deemed serious & significant enough to throw them in jail for life or 25+ yrs once the CPS get there act together.

Sent from my SM-T555 using Tapatalk

Any idea how many significant Islamist terror attacks in the UK were carried out by UK citizens, not immigrants? Maybe do some reading... ;)
I dont see any reference to immigrants in my post;)

2019, New year same Shiote.

Unless I stand corrected, the MHA route 'appears' to be the swifter & preferred route for Both Police & L.A. as it doesn't suck up all resources. Unless it's mass terror related incident is deemed serious & significant enough to throw them in jail for life or 25+ yrs once the CPS get there act together.

Sent from my SM-T555 using Tapatalk
How does that affect sentencing ?
Does it get a bloke off the "malice aforethought" requirement for a charge of murder ?

Does it get a bloke off the "malice aforethought" requirement for a charge of murder ?
Good question, unfortunately I'm not a CPS SME.

Swift recovery for victims however I'm convinced 2019 may well be equally turbulent.

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk

It's probably been commented on before, but if not: bloody well done the BTP coppers. If not for their swift reaction, there is no doubt this would have been far worse. The copper who was injured is recovering at home after being stabbed in the shoulder. The other man has also been released from hospital, but his partner is still being treated.

Nothing less than the settled intent to kill (or cause GBH and the person dies) will support a murder charge, was how it was explained to me.

The difference being that of murder (When you want to kill someone) and manslaughter (where you kill someone but didn't mean to murder them).

I would comment that the only reason I think the murder rate in the UK is not higher than it is, is because of the excellence of emergency primary medical services. How they keep some alive and put them back together is beyond me.

Well done to the ladies and gents of the Ambulance and A&E Services.

Nothing less than the settled intent to kill (or cause GBH and the person dies) will support a murder charge, was how it was explained to me.

The difference being that of murder (When you want to kill someone) and manslaughter (where you kill someone but didn't mean to murder them).

I would comment that the only reason I think the murder rate in the UK is not higher than it is, is because of the excellence of emergency primary medical services. How they keep some alive and put them back together is beyond me.

Well done to the ladies and gents of the Ambulance and A&E Services.
I agree ref the Ambulance chaps. Absolutely.
What I'm confused about is you've a chap whose intent is abh at the least. I'd be surprised if he intended to stop there.
This is not a robbery gone wrong. Id even argue it's attempted murder. Now if it's the MHA he's nicked under, can he be charged with attempted murder or can it be argued that as he was non compos mentis he gets done for abh only? Not terror related, no link to any religion, just a lonely nutter ?

Nemesis44UK

LE
Book Reviewer
When these incidents occur, they enrage me in several ways:

1. It’s always innocent victims that get it. Jihadis are like the PIRA at the end of their campaign-always going for the soft targets, they don’t have the balls to go for the army or police directly.

2. The furious reverso-cycling by news agencies to call it anything else than what it is - terrorism.

3. That certain sections of the populace are quick to jump on the “blame all mooslims” bandwagon. It isn’t all Muslims and 99.9% of them are not extremists. Do you think that Granny Tibbs attending church in Surrey is responsible for the Westboro Baptist Church loons just because they’re all Christians?

4. Terrorism should carry with it extremely stiff sentences. Think 25 years without parole as a starter. Have a clearly defined template of what constitutes a terroristic act and stick to it. Shouting “Allahu Akbar” before chopping up pensioners on a platform would be a combat indicator.

Let the calls of “Apologist” rain down.

That chap was a long time associate of Anjem Choudhary, and Al Muhajiroun.

SO15 are going through that lot like PacMan.

Good Drills for UK CT and Policing- but shows the difference between traditional Al Qeada type complex plots and the new DEASH inspired improvised plots. Less complex, less potential casualties; but potential increased tempo.

I agree ref the Ambulance chaps. Absolutely.
What I'm confused about is you've a chap whose intent is abh at the least. I'd be surprised if he intended to stop there.
This is not a robbery gone wrong. Id even argue it's attempted murder. Now if it's the MHA he's nicked under, can he be charged with attempted murder or can it be argued that as he was non compos mentis he gets done for abh only? Not terror related, no link to any religion, just a lonely nutter ?
It is all in the charging scales, GBH is quite a step up from ABH.

If you think that Wounding can be with or without intent to endanger life; there's only milimetres from Attempt Murder or Murder really.

I have certainly seen people cm from death due to stab wounds (and the great people at LAS). CPS then argue the toss between attempt murder, Wounding with intent, GBH - all based on what charge the evidence will support.

I often thought it was amazing we still ran on the Offences Agains the Person Act 1861 - if ever something should be brought up to date!

And anyway, you can get life for conviction on various terrrorist offences anyway. It all becomes immaterial at certain points; unless you wish to trigger post-conviction powers under the various terrorist acts.

1. It’s always innocent victims that get it. Jihadis are like the PIRA at the end of their campaign-always going for the soft targets, they don’t have the balls to go for the army or police directly.

2. The furious reverso-cycling by news agencies to call it anything else than what it is - terrorism.

3. That certain sections of the populace are quick to jump on the “blame all mooslims” bandwagon. It isn’t all Muslims and 99.9% of them are not extremists. Do you think that Granny Tibbs attending church in Surrey is responsible for the Westboro Baptist Church loons just because they’re all Christians?

4. Terrorism should carry with it extremely stiff sentences. Think 25 years without parole as a starter. Have a clearly defined template of what constitutes a terroristic act and stick to it. Shouting “Allahu Akbar” before chopping up pensioners on a platform would be a combat indicator.

The only thing in there I would change is the locking up bit. I have a spare bit of rope they can have for the hangings.

Some good points & certainly not apologist.
You'd have to do better to equal some of the apologists we get on here!

That chap was a long time associate of Anjem Choudhary, and Al Muhajiroun.

SO15 are going through that lot like PacMan.

Good Drills for UK CT and Policing- but shows the difference between traditional Al Qeada type complex plots and the new DEASH inspired improvised plots. Less complex, less potential casualties; but potential increased tempo.
What's funny about this guy is how he said to a UC that his alibi for any terror attack was going to be MH issues. I doubt that went down very well in court. I don't think he had MH issues, I just think he was one of the dimmest people out there.

As an aside, most of the papers report What he had planned. The Guardian headline was that he complained about being approached by MI5.

As an aside, most of the papers report What he had planned. The Guardian headline was that he complained about being approached by MI5.
From what I have read in the newspapers, you should be the one in that group worried if you had not been approached by the Security Service.....

It suggests you are either worthless, or the target.

From what I have read in the newspapers, you should be the one in that group worried if you had not been approached by the Security Service.....

It suggests you are either worthless, or the target.
It's the insinuation that there is a problem with the security services speaking to people and that such approaches lead to radicalisation. The sooner they go bust the better.

It's the insinuation that there is a problem with the security services speaking to people and that such approaches lead to radicalisation. The sooner they go bust the better.
I don't think anyone seriously believes that. Within the Al Maj echo chamber it might sound OK, but not even a good defence brief could sell that pile of poo very well.

It was tried by Ibrahim Hassan chatting about his mate, Michael Adebolajo

Woolwich suspect's friend arrested after appearing on Newsnight

It is simply and rather pathetic attempt to avoid responsibility.

One might as well say all those bad people I used to talk to caused people to commit crime. There was never any point talking to the local vicar, he could sell me burglars!

I had more respect for the people who hated me and everything I stood for, rather than those saying that nasty DC Boumer caused me to do it.

My Jedi mind tricks are good, but not that good.

Latest Threads