Terror attack, Auckland NZ, 03/09/2021

The narrative on this fella was that he was a 'lone wolf'.... on that premise then cull him as there were no like-minded individuals he was meeting up with...

They all seem to be lone wolves... s'funny that.

Go to conclusion every time. Can't be proved and definitely cannot be disproved.

Bad Smell

Old-Salt
Disclaimer......I know absolutely nothing about CT work, but after a previous atrocity (and its a very sad reflection on the state of the UK, that I don’t know which one it was), a former intelligence bod said on TV that it takes about 40 shhhh types to watch suspects for 24 hours.

That’s an awful lot of money. Deportation I believe, is much cheaper and much safer for the British public.

This country is willingly destroying itself.

A number of those forty odd bods would be part time. There would be the core team working shifts, support/management and intel people tasked when required, all depending on the priority. Not all of these would be from the same agency.

A number of those forty odd bods would be part time. There would be the core team working shifts, support/management and intel people tasked when required, all depending on the priority. Not all of these would be from the same agency.

How many out on the ground behind the suspect at any one time then?

Bad Smell

Old-Salt
How many out on the ground behind the suspect at any one time then?
That depends on how NZ runs their ops, the threat he poses and the lie of the land. In other words, there is no definitive answer as there are so many variables.

At a very rough guess I would expect a minimum of half a dozen when he is on the move.

Can you expand? I’m struggling to imagine that Sri Lanka has a problem with psychopathic New Zealander’s who need deported :) :) :)
Probably sick of hearing the e/i thing - drives me nuts, literally have to turn off stuff now if a strong Kiwi accent comes on.

Bad Smell

Old-Salt
Probably sick of hearing the e/i thing - drives me nuts, literally have to turn off stuff now if a strong Kiwi accent comes on.
If you want to understand Kiwi speak, think of it this way. You don't pronounce the vowels or they are so soft as not too be heard.

And every sentence has to have one of the following words:
  • Choice
  • Awesome
  • Sweet as
Finally finish off the sentence with Bro. This is an exception to the rule because you pronounce the "o".

Simplez.

That depends on how NZ runs their ops, the threat he poses and the lie of the land. In other words, there is no definitive answer as there are so many variables.

At a very rough guess I would expect a minimum of half a dozen when he is on the move.
And factor in pretty Draconian Covid regulations in force there at the moment, which must add to the complexity of close surveillance.

Last edited:
If you want to understand Kiwi speak, think of it this way. You don't pronounce the vowels or they are so soft as not too be heard.

• Choice
  • Awesome
  • Sweet as
Finally finish off the sentence with Bro. This is an exception to the rule because you pronounce the "o".

Simplez.
Don't forget, good as...

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer

• Choice
  • Awesome
  • Sweet as

Simplez.
We rather enjoy broken wood, a kiwi midsummer murders
But the latest series needs subtitles

Bad Smell

Old-Salt
We rather enjoy broken wood, a kiwi midsummer murders
But the latest series needs subtitles
I'm enjoying watching the series "Forged in Fire" at the moment and the program before is the NZ soapy "Shortland Street". Apart from the simple fact it is utter dross the accents require me to have the mute button on till it finishes.

Yesterday I was down at my folks place helping Dad dig a drainage trench and when we finished we sat around enjoying a beer. Mum was watching an episode of Michael Portillo's railway series with that episode in NZ. My folks spent 18 months in NZ when Dad took over a Utility company before it was bought out and he was made redundant. One comment Mum made from their time there was when they met new people and spoke with their Aussie accents, the locals thought they where cultured Kiwis returning back home.

Anyway as Mr Portillo spoke with the locals we just chuckled at how silly and immature their accents sound. It is a running joke in our family that we always take the piss out of them when we hear the accent as it sounds so childish. In fact a lot of Aussies do the same and the last place I worked when something went wrong it was topical to say, "Ah sht, Bro" in a strong Kiwi accent.

The world is a very evil place and is overrun by envy and celebrity culture and I think many a loon has a nihilistic fantasy of going out with a bang and flying a plane into the twin towers in the name of something greater.. The wall to wall coverage of the twin towers falling, or the taliban in Kabul simply encourages the loons to come out of the shadows to associate themselves with that chaos.

As ever the main question is how can we allow lunatics to walk the streets ? because, if you need a protection detail to follow someone, that does rather lean towards that person needing to be sent to the nut house.

Lunatics? Who are you trying to kid?

Has it not alluded to you that they tend to be all from a particular religion?

These individuals are not 'Lunatics' - stop giving them a free pass and associating them with people with real mental health issues.

Replace the words Loon / Lunatics with the word Muslims in your post, and it will make far more sense.

The victims in these attacks are victims of Islam, not victims of Mental Health.

Latest Threads