Territorial Army

Hi - I'm doing a research project in University on the recent drop in numbers for the TA. With yourselves being directly involved in the armed services - I was just wondering if theres any reasons for this that you can think cause this? ie - are they paid too little, or not resepected as much, or has the war in Iraq had major effects?

Any responses and help would be greatly appreciated, thank you for your time.

I would very much doubt if you find anyone offering helpfull advise.

Have a look in the TA forum and try and glean the information for yourself.

I'm Leaving because some Cadet :oops: pinched my Ice Cream :cry: :cry: :cry:

Whiskybreath said:
Standards of English at British universities today. Discuss.
Not my first language.

People let you lot loose in foreign countries with guns?

No wonder there's a bloody backlash out there.

I make a polite request and you get idiots responding like that.

I think someone has spat the dummy out :lol: :lol:

If you want info, why do'nt you go and visit a TA centre and ask the questions face to face 8O . Instead of askiing on a website. :wink:

I hope your research has also identified the recent rise in recruitment, I wonder what's causing that? Or is that too positive an angle to impress your Editor.

I'm sorry, I meant to say Lecturer.

:roll:

Recent rise in recruitment has also been met with a larger number of people leaving.

Plus, given the amount of money spent on advertising (according to the Times is about £3m) - the recent rise of just 660 recruits is hardly value for money.

So yes, I have done my research - but some questions about the state of the TA have been answered well by you lot on here.

Yeah check this herbert out. I think that maybe the T.A numbers are dwindling because they are all cowards and cant hack doing it proper. Or is it because they didnt like the naked musical chairs whilsts being poked with the crow correcter. Fcuk off u journo muppet. Join up and find out!

gingwarr said:
chris_921 said:
I make a polite request and you get idiots responding like that.

Yes, I know I already used it once this month but he deserves it.
Thanks for making me snort coffee over my keyboard.

chris_921 said:
Recent rise in recruitment has also been met with a larger number of people leaving.

Plus, given the amount of money spent on advertising (according to the Times is about £3m) - the recent rise of just 660 recruits is hardly value for money.

So yes, I have done my research - but some questions about the state of the TA have been answered well by you lot on here.
I think someone has never had contact* with British Soldiers before, have they?

Expect banter and p*sstaking at every step - it's what we're famous for. If you're genuinely a student writing an essay, don't expect us to write it for you. However the way in which you asked (you were always going to get a hell of a lot more opinion than fact - and the fact that you call the above "research"), is highly reminiscent of tabloid journalism.

Tabloid journalists are not really liked round here. At all.

* No, not like "Contact, Journo, 100m to your front, go on!"

Last year or so we lost one guy done a tour had enough.One left in a tiff .2 went off to do selection .One joined the regulars .One binned through criminal charges .So no flood of people refusing to go .Actually no real change in genral
apart from half the coy seem to be elsewhere for half the year .

Yes I can see that - but you would think people would give their opinions?

I aint a tabloid journalist - as someoen pointed out earlier - my use of English isnt great - so how then I'd have an English/Journalism qualification I dont know?

Simply looking for some sort of answers - thought that seeing as you lot were TA soldiers, then you'd have an idea or opinion on the issues I've raised.

Also - if you do have journalists coming on here, being aggressive and keyboard warriors hardly will set a good light when they do make their articles?

Now, if anyone could answert the questions at the start it would be helpful, thank you. Ive only a week for this and the TA DVD and the local recruiting officers (is that their title?) dont really want to say why people leave, only what good things there are with the TA, as you'd expect.

woody said:
Last year or so we lost one guy done a tour had enough.One left in a tiff .2 went off to do selection .One joined the regulars .One binned through criminal charges .So no flood of people refusing to go .Actually no real change in genral
apart from half the coy seem to be elsewhere for half the year .

Chris

Students have approached us for help before and it has been given. The normal way of going about this is to identify yourself, course , Lecturer and proposed title of your piece ,it's aims and your contact details. This request is normally sent to a moderator , and once your bonafides are established, the question is posted on the appropriate forum.

Edit. Chris has proven he's a student . Errrr very publicly :D

We do this to ;

1. Protect our members from the more unscrupulous in the Meeja world

2. Protect and help genuine students who wish to learn, from accusations of being 'fillthy redtop scum" etc etc.

Rather than throw a teddy about general unhelpfulness, try and remember you have entered a world where people take their personal security rather seriously. Also try and remember, that unlike you, we can suffer penalties for discussing matters which may be spun to reflect badly on the Armed Forces and ourselves.

Regards

PTP

G

Goku

Stop being so feking lazy, the answer to all you questions can be found within the TA/current affairs/NAAFI boards.

The worst Journos/students are the lazy ones.

Company group about 50 I guess .Its hard to give exact numbers as some guys off on tour then on post operational
leave ,but, never saw any mass handing in of kit .