Territorial Army Fitness Test Technicalities

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Reserve Recruitment' started by Aggrieved Fish, Dec 8, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey guys,

Im unsure if this has been done before so I apologise if it has!
    I'm currently in the process of joining the TA with my BARB Test on the 19th

I'm currently training in anticipation of the selection weekend with the ambition of going in as an Infanteer.
    So, I know the requirement is 1.5 mile run in 12.45 however, will this test be done on a treadmill, indoors or will they give me a 1.5 mile track and tell me to run it in 12.45?

I ask this because, without any training I can do 1.5kn (1 mile or there about) in about 9:30 so, just so I can adjust my training accordingly, I'd love an answer!

Thanks guys!

2. I doubt it will be a treadmill!

3. Does it matter? You should be able to run it in well under 10 minutes for real, you ******* biff.

4. 1 Mile in 9:30? Taking two pots of sleeping pills washed down with the contents of the paint shelf in your shed would be of more benefit to the reserve forces than actually joining.

5. No... 15/16 of a mile in 9.30.
    It's actually in excess of a 10 minute mile.

Assuming he can keep up this blistering pace, he could do a 1.5 mile in 15 minutes and 12 seconds.

6. Its usually outside, might be on a track might not. It wont be on a treadmill.

7. FFS ! Just go out for a run. Work out a 1.5 mile route and get some miles in.

8. Who you hoping to join?
    What trade?
    Are you special needs?
    More info?

9. Those timings will be more than suitable for a TA unit, in all probability you'll be quicker than the STAB PT staff.

10. **** me I think I could do a mile in 9 mins 30.

• Like Like x 7
  11. Time to get running!

12. C company, London Regiment

13. What time do you do a mile in if you're running forwards not backwards?