Terrible bridge collapse in Italy

Read some of the Twin Tower conspiracies for inspiration. Ray guns, controlled demolitions, nukes are all good for a laugh. The winner is the idea that no planes actually hit the towers. The video footage is all fake and eye witnesses are lying. Then there's the idea that missiles were 'disguised' as planes. Some even say the towers disintegrated, disappearing into thin air. No rubble was visible after the collapse. The iron had all gone.

If you try really hard and really really open your mind the possibilities are endless. Yeah and Jackie Kennedy reached over and shot John F in the throat. The smart dressed man in my avatar pic is innocent. People do actually believe this stuff. They also have the right to vote and many are employed in positions where they make decisions affecting the lives of others.

The lightning strike in the video is shown after the central span has collapsed. Maybe attracted to exposed iron by then who knows.
Ah. Thanks for that though I can't see where I mentioned any of the scenarios you allude to. :cool:

Even without it landing on your head a top floor flat in a slum with a fecking motorway about 10 foot overhead has to qualify as one of the worst pads in Europe.

_IMG_000000_000000.jpg

Even without it landing on your head a top floor flat in a slum with a fecking motorway about 10 foot overhead has to qualify as one of the worst pads in Europe.

View attachment 346505
Good grief, one of the bridge struts is bonded in to the roof of the apartment block. Low frequency traffic vibration transmitted into the building? Never mind, it's worth it for the view.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Looking at the angled bridge supports then the earlier photos of crumbling concrete and exposed/rusted reinforcement bars are not the same bridge.

FAKE NEWS!!! (I've turned into The Donald T)
Which only tells us that another bridge is ready to collapse.

The trouble is, the brutality of the Mafia took equally brutal methods by the State to wipe out. Mussolini dealt with them by the simple solution of having anyone suspected of being a Mafiosi jailed for ever or executed… the survivors quickly hot footed it to the US. Older Italians curse the American for bring them back. For the invasion of Sicily, they took up the offer of Italians-Americans with family connections in the old country to 'assist the invasion'… and they were back in business.
When continental Europe was in Nazi hands, Britain had a real problem with setting up an underground intelligence organisation, and covert supply lines, behind enemy lines.
I have not yet discovered who proposed it, but the mafia already had both, tried and tested over generations. in France and Spain
(I am not sure what the score was in the Netherlands though as the Abwehr had taken over the Dutch underground so all agents and supplies landed in German hands, at one point.)
The Mafia protected the US ports even before the US entered the war, as their gangs had the workforce already sewn up and newcomers/infiltrators were easily spotted.The OSS had agents embedded with the casa nostra gangs in France.
This, rather colourful individual, a French/American deserter from the French Foreign Legion, was one of them. 'Three Fingers Luke' (He claimed to have lost the fingers in Légion étrangère, but the truth was he was hurrying to a liaison with a ladyfriend while her husband was at work and his cars fan belt came adrift. All amoured-up he tried to put the belt back in place without switching off the engine. Allegedly, he still managed to perform with his hand wrapped in his bloodied shirt)
Lt Col. Lucien E. Conien OSS and CIA
Conien later had dealings with the mafia (advising the US State Department in how to beat them) in French Indochina when the mafia were smuggling opium into the USA on behalf of a cash strapped post war French government (The French Connection (the book, not the movie)).
Conien was also a suspect in the Kennedy assassination and the planning of the Watergate burglary.

Sorry for rambling off-thread!

Last edited:

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
That driver was wearing reinforced underpants which he shat at the break point.
BBC spoke to one of his friends. Broadcast at lunchtime. Driver says he saw cars disappearing in front of him, stood on brakes, got out, ran. Reckons if the truck hadn't run out of fuel it'd still be idling now.

BBC spoke to one of his friends. Broadcast at lunchtime. Driver says he saw cars disappearing in front of him, stood on brakes, got out, ran. Reckons if the truck hadn't run out of fuel it'd still be idling now.
He left the engine of an unattended vehicle running? That was a bit dangerous.

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
Read some of the Twin Tower conspiracies for inspiration. Ray guns, controlled demolitions, nukes are all good for a laugh. The winner is the idea that no planes actually hit the towers. The video footage is all fake and eye witnesses are lying. Then there's the idea that missiles were 'disguised' as planes. Some even say the towers disintegrated, disappearing into thin air. No rubble was visible after the collapse. The iron had all gone.

If you try really hard and really really open your mind the possibilities are endless. Yeah and Jackie Kennedy reached over and shot John F in the throat. The smart dressed man in my avatar pic is innocent. People do actually believe this stuff. They also have the right to vote and many are employed in positions where they make decisions affecting the lives of others.

The lightning strike in the video is shown after the central span has collapsed. Maybe attracted to exposed iron by then who knows.
its quite likely that high voltage cables are attached to the bridge, for lighting and warning signs, they would spark a bit until the breakers tripped out

Amazing the crap theories you hear in the US especially in the further flung parts where humans rarely go.

There are many, many, people who rarely leave their small town to go to the big city. I was told of a case last month where members of a small community living less than five miles away from the city had never ventured into the city, seen a supermarket, ice cream, or many of the other vestiges of modern life we take for granted.

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
Amazing the crap theories you hear in the US especially in the further flung parts where humans rarely go.

There are many, many, people who rarely leave their small town to go to the big city. I was told of a case last month where members of a small community living less than five miles away from the city had never ventured into the city, seen a supermarket, ice cream, or many of the other vestiges of modern life we take for granted.
Some parts of the Shetlands are like that