Termination Leave - FTRS(HC)

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by Gunner_REMF, Jan 22, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just finishing a very enjoyable 2 years stint on FTRS(HC) "Dads Army", my point is this: Am I entitled to 10 days leave (termination) prior to starting a new but different FTRS committment. The DIN reads:

d. Terminal Leave. Terminal leave is to be granted on a scale of one day per month served on an FTRS commitment, up to a maximum of 10 working days leave for commitments up to 42 months. Where the original commitment was extended in the same post, the maximum terminal leave allowable remains 10 days, and will be taken at the end of the consecutive period of FTRS service. Terminal leave may not be carried forward into new commitments and will only be granted on completion of final commitment .

A little ambiguous?? what do you think? I am starting a new committment in a different PID the day after my current one finishes

2. I think you need to do a little thinking outside the box yourself and contact the FTRS desk at APC for a view.

3. Based on what you have quoted I would suggest you are on solid ground. You cannot transfer built up TL to new committment therefore you must take it as part of your existing one.

Edited: just noticed piece about only taking after final committment so probably buggered....