Terminated but going on tour

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by ob1983, Sep 20, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Is it possible to have terminated but still do a full tour?
    Is there a waiver/form that has to be filled in to allow this ie waiving your last 6 months residual service and resettlement etc.

Answers on a postcard please.

2. I'm in my last year and currently in a comfy job on tour. I think it's only the last few months (6?) that are 'protected'

3. Cheers,
    There on about a form/waiver I have to do or sign back on and get the early release next year. Either way won't bother me

4. Soldier_Why

Soldier_Why LE Moderator

If you have/will have served less than 5 years it is only the last 4 months that are 'protected'.

5. Either still need this waiver. Any ideas of the form number? So I can track it down?

6. Contact your unit 2IC/Adjt - they will be the ones to square it. Start with a formal letter to your OC, i'm sure they'll be happy to have a willing volunteer.

7. I've been up those avenues, spoke to my OC who's more than happy for me to do this. I've got the RCMO making calls etc. Who says its quite possible this is not goin to be possible

8. I thought it was a minimum of 6 months between the end of tour and when you finish? There's a lad that's been left behind this tour due to the fact that even though his last day is after we get back it's only 4 weeks after so they've said no to him coming on tour.

9. It may have changed due to the Barmy Army being apparently ..ahem,, 'more profesional and user friendly' but signing on to extend for a tour used to happen all the time in my mob. Had a good mate sign on for a Belfast tour that started the day he should have gone on terminal leave..also had fellas leave during a tour due to their terminal leave starting.

10. Could be worse, you could be pregnant and going on tour.

11. Cheers guys got it all squared with the RCMO