• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Terminal Leave

Not far off leaving the army now, I have 20 days terminal leave but.... I was told today by my clerk that this is taken the 20 days after my last day of service ? is the true ? I thought it was the 20 days before. :bounce:

I don't think the 20 days thing is right either, but I'm a mere bird who is off poorly sick and HAVEN'T GOT ANY BLOODY BOOKS WITH ME!

If some ****** tries to tell me that I am not having all my Terminal Leave, Resettlement Leave and a percentage of the leave from this year and the leave that was carried over from last year, they will get a very short sharp shock.

You can have as much terminal leave as you want once youv'e left!! - won't get much pay for it though. Normal terminal leave is your last 28 calendar days of service.

PW

And hence the confusion with the 20/28 days. It is 28 days including weekends, 20 if you don't.
And to the OP, kick your clerk in the goolies. Unless he is going to ensure you get an extra months pay after you've left, terminal leave is before your due date.

And hence the confusion with the 20/28 days. It is 28 days including weekends, 20 if you don't.
And to the OP, kick your clerk in the goolies. Unless he is going to ensure you get an extra months pay after you've left, terminal leave is before your due date.
Thats what the other fella seems to think he is going to be getting !

Steve169,
Taken from JSP 760 The Tri-Service regulations on leave and other types of absence

My bold.

AIM
19.001 Terminal Leave is designed to assist resettlement and is to be granted to qualifying Service personnel on completion of service.

ENTITLEMENT
19.002 Service personnel are to be granted 20 working days’ Terminal Leave on completion of their commission/engagement. Also, although it is a concession at the Commanding Officer’s (CO) discretion, Terminal Leave should normally be granted to Service personnel leaving prematurely (eg. on PVR, pregnancy or compassionate reasons). Subject to the maximum Terminal Leave period of 20 working days, Service personnel whose service is terminated prematurely are to be granted 1 day’s Terminal Leave for each complete month of service, provided that they will have completed a minimum of 6 months’ service. Terminal Leave, however, is not normally to be granted to Service personnel whose service is terminated prematurely for misconduct.

19.003 Where Service personnel serving outside the UK have applied to serve their last six months in the UK and for Service reasons their applications is declined by their career management staffs they are exceptionally to be granted a total of 40 working days Terminal Leave.

APPLICATION
19.004 Terminal Leave is to be granted, where possible, in the last 20 working days of paid service (where 19.003 applies, it is to be taken in the last 40 working days of paid service). Only in exceptional cases (eg. sickness or injury) may service be extended to enable Terminal Leave to be taken, and extensions are not permitted to fulfil any other type of absence.

19.005 At the discretion of the CO, and on the understanding that a replacement will not be brought forward, all outstanding leave, other than Re-Engagement and Relocation Leave, must be taken with Terminal Leave. Service personnel will not be paid for untaken leave except in lieu of death in service. (see Annual Leave para 1.013)

Shove that in your Clerks face and watch his world fall apart.

Shiny.

Cheers =) I think he read and saw it as saying that leave was to be taken after your termination date......

19.002 Service personnel are to be granted 20 working days’ Terminal Leave on completion of their commission/engagement

and didnt read that next bit.

How times have changed, Guys, not taking the piss but I was
due out Jan 26 19**, after 22yrs. allowed to do one Month Reset.
and sent on Gardening leave in November, it's not a piss take.

We were the lucky ones, eh?

Latest Threads