Tenuous Claims to Fame.

It was indeed about the Apollo flight to the Moon (the Moon being the Sleeping Satellite). Still on the subject of astronomy, I drew a few constellations of my own when I ‘launched’ across her Mons pubis, and bountiful uplands.

Beautiful, a true poet.

JAD

LE
That drummer would be my sister's best mate at school, little Jo's, cousin (see post #1).
I don't know, 'The things we do for love' eh: was her name 'Donna' (tongue firmly in cheek)?

* Sorry for arrse readers under the age of 50 if those 10cc based comments fly over the top of your noggin.

Chef

LE
I don't know, 'The things we do for love' eh: was her name 'Donna' (tongue firmly in cheek)?

* Sorry for arrse readers under the age of 50 if those 10cc based comments fly over the top of your noggin.
As long as a few get it, remember 4% of something's better then 10% of nothing.

Not mine but my old fella's (RIP) During his first stint (1980-84) in the Regional Crime Squad based at the old Longsight (Manchester) nick, he arrested Julie Goodyear (Bet Lynch) of Corrie fame for a charity raffle fraud(she got off with it), had to go to Dewsbury to interview the Yorkshire Ripper after his arrest and transfer to West Yorkshire as two of his victims were from and murdered in Manchester and last but not least, arrested a newly signed Manchester United midfielder for receiving a stolen television in the aftermath of the Moss Side riots.

JAD

LE
Not mine but my old fella's (RIP) During his first stint (1980-84) in the Regional Crime Squad based at the old Longsight (Manchester) nick, he arrested Julie Goodyear (Bet Lynch) of Corrie fame for a charity raffle fraud(she got off with it), had to go to Dewsbury to interview the Yorkshire Ripper after his arrest and transfer to West Yorkshire as two of his victims were from and murdered in Manchester and last but not least, arrested a newly signed Manchester United midfielder for receiving a stolen television in the aftermath of the Moss Side riots.
Wasn't M1ckey Thomas was it?

JAD

LE
No mate, he was of the "funny money" fame IIRC, it was Remi Moses.
Oh yes Remi Moses, he was one of Big Ron's lads from West Brom I think. Tough as an old coffin nail.

Saw him play in a cup game against Forest in 1983 where he had an altercation or 5 that evening.
Another one of those box to box players that Utd. loved back then; a jack russel scamp, ankle biting, start a fight in a mirror type. (Think early career template Roy Keane/Paul Ince). In fact looking back at that 1983 team, there were approximately 10 players that fitted that description above. Robson, Whiteside, Albiston, Moran, Stapleton, McQueen, Hughes, McGrath, Macari & Moses. Faces only a mother could love. I think Gary Bailey was a bit of a sissy compared to the outfield players.

I was the first kiss of an actress off Eastenders. We were 10.
My first ex shared a house with a BBC reporter off the telly, who used to get upset when I had return to camp on a Sunday afternoon. (She got upset...?!)
I held Clive Sullivan to a dead heat in a 100m sprint when he was coach at Doncaster; he was 39 and I was 25, damn near killed me. Smashing man, died far too young.
Nothing out of the ordinary, really.

Once looked after Julia Morley and the Miss World of the time, Jacqui Aguilera.

Had the latter's phone number in my filofax for ages.

In your WHAT? :)

It's a sign of the times... 25-30 years ago, everybody who was anybody had a Filofax. WH Smiths was crammed with 6-hole punched paper. And punches. And Letraset.

Today, even the junior kids have smartphones. Which as well as being repositories of as much information as you could fit in an Officers' Mess worth of Filofaxes - actually probably ALL the Officers' Messes - are GPS-navigation devices, reference devices, compasses, levels, timers, stopwatches, alarm clocks, cameras, barcode scanners (QR not having been invented then), banking portals, calendars, torches, etc etc. And big security risks in a military environment. But possibly no more so than a mislaid Filofax.

Mine was brown leather and I can feel the quality of the genuine Filofax paper even now :)

Mornin’
Oh Filofaxes, how posy. Just a little pocket diary for me, besides I found out just how dangerous they could be, unless you had them with you. People kept leaving them in their cars, some times with dodgy results when they got nicked. I’ll stick to Stylus and wax.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Mornin’
Oh Filofaxes, how posy. Just a little pocket diary for me, besides I found out just how dangerous they could be, unless you had them with you. People kept leaving them in their cars, some times with dodgy results when they got nicked. I’ll stick to Stylus and wax.
Meh. I’ve got this really nice chisel…