Tenuous Claims to Fame.

Yesterday I walked past Ken Dodds house... twice!

DSJ

LE
I sat opposite Iain Glenn (Game of Thrones dude) on the tube.

Thought it was Sinead O'Connor who did the puking.
FEB14E07-DC88-4E2F-AFCF-F3A1278B71B6.jpeg

dlrg

LE
I was in the post office in Hebden (Nr. Grassington) about 10 years ago and in came Patrick Stewart. One of the old neighbours stared at him and said "I know you. You're that moon man!" and off she went. - How we laughed!

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
Pure showbiz me:

I taught Max Boyce to shoot a GPMG in the Falklands. I was well gutted, the dolly bird dancers in the CSE show he was the star of all got "mentored" by senior ranks, as a full screw I got left to deal with a hungover Welshman

And I bought Fish out of Marillion a pint in Vitez. He was a nice bloke but fcuking huge. I got my mate an autograph.

And I helped built a stage for Bobby Davro in Kuwait when the Yanks blew up the camp.

My niece works in the West end theatres, darling. She's met loads of "famous" celebs and nothing can stop her from telling everyone about all of them as if they're her best buddies, instead of her being up a scaffold with a spotlight, and them wondering who that wittering fat bird with the pink hair was..

Hairy-boab

Old-Salt
I was in the post office in Hebden (Nr. Grassington) about 10 years ago and in came Patrick Stewart. One of the old neighbours stared at him and said "I know you. You're that moon man!" and off she went. - How we laughed!
I was once in Perth station with a friend when in walked Gregor Townsend (Scottish fly half at the time). My friend bellows "THERE'S GAVIN HASTINGS!".

He didn't look too impressed.

One colleague worked agency shifts on various productions, including 'Being Human'. Another did the same on 'Midsomer Murders', revealing that the current Barnaby is played by a much more genial actor than the original.
Another worked as an extra and behaved like a real Prima Donna.

I have a cousin acting in 'Pobol y Cwm' and a former classmate was behind the camera.

Hairy-boab

Old-Salt
One colleague worked agency shifts on various productions, including 'Being Human'. Another did the same on 'Midsomer Murders', revealing that the current Barnaby is played by a much more genial actor than the original.
Another worked as an extra and behaved like a real Prima Donna.

I have a cousin acting in 'Pobol y Cwm' and a former classmate was behind the camera.
A friend's mum's house is in multiple episodes of Midsummer murder.

Haven't asked him which ones.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer

Choux Bun

Old-Salt
May have been posted in this thread before but years ago i tipped up at Hammersmith Odeon, very late, to get some tickets for Chris Rea.
They were in demand, and the girl showed me the seating plan and pointed out the only two left.
I took them but i thought they were right at the back on the top tier.
I was mistaken, they were aisle seats second row from the front and i sat next to his Mum.
I read the seating plan upside down.
Did you actually see him, or was he driving home for Christmas?

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
The fukers missed him though didn't they?

The fukers
Hey was actually pretty good, all things considered.

I know, but there you go. When he tipped up I'd been tooling around he desert for the previous four months and that morning our camp got blown up by the Yanks (hence the need to build up a stage), so my powers of comedy appreciation might have been compromised...

I've met Peter Snow.
I am ashamed to say that I have never yet met Peter Snow but I did meet John Snow (news reader/journalist, not fictional something or other) in a professional capacity for a twenty minute mid-morning meeting in Bath that gave me the rest of the day to try to cop off with his, rather delicious and coquettish PA (I failed but afterwards spent a pleasant hour or so in her company) and see out the rest of the day being paid to visit various public houses around the historic city instead of slogging it back to the office.
On balance, I call it a win.

Latest Threads