Tenuous Claims to Fame.

I went to school with a cabinet minister, his sister & younger brother - George Eustice.

Are you for real? :? He founded a famous skin mag and had clubs and mansions all over the world at one time.
View attachment 580126

That photos ancient, heres a more up-to-date one...
20210611_152718.jpg

Let's see who spots that one...

exspy

LE
That photos ancient, heres a more up-to-date one...
Let's see who spots that one...

I gave you a 'laugh' in case you were having a 'wah.'

That's not Hugh Hefner, it's Stan Lee, the creator of Marvel comics. The photo is from a Marvel universe film where Lee has a cameo as a Hugh Hefner-type character.

Cheers.

Chef

LE
I gave you a 'laugh' in case you were having a 'wah.'

That's not Hugh Hefner, it's Stan Lee, the creator of Marvel comics. The photo is from a Marvel universe film where Lee has a cameo as a Hugh Hefner-type character.

Cheers.
But he is also dead, so qualified to play the dead Hugh Hefner. Which is important in these woke times.

Choux Bun

Old-Salt
I passed some memorable moments with a then still serving RAF Chief Tech who had served with Aircraftsman Ross (Lawrence of Arabia). The subject came up because the David Lean film had just come out.
I have a numbered, first edition of T E Lawrence's book, The Mint (authored as Aircraftsman Ross) - it's not a riveting read, nor did it mention Polo's, Trebor or Fox's Glacier mints.

That's a bit creepy if you ask me.

No one did, its just a Marvel Stan Lee Cameo in Iron Man.
The joke was Tony Stank mistook Stan Lee for Hugh Hefner.

I have a numbered, first edition of T E Lawrence's book, The Mint (authored as Aircraftsman Ross) - it's not a riveting read, nor did it mention Polo's, Trebor or Fox's Glacier mints.
I believe that the early editions were censored for profanities and 1930s mores. Later editions had the explicit language restored.

Choux Bun

Old-Salt
I believe that the early editions were censored for profanities and 1930s mores. Later editions had the explicit language restored.
I don't know about that. The only version of The Mint I have read is my copy, that seemed fairly explicit, but not spellbinding.
I'm told that if it was a signed copy it would be worth a mint!!

Choux Bun

Old-Salt
Whilst I cannot claim to have seen any female Hollywood superstars in their underwear or had any sexual liaisons with hot rock chicks or actresses, I have experienced Tony Robinson's naked genitalia about 2 inches from my grid and was once nearly knocked over by Peter Tatchell on a bicycle. Neither of these episodes occurred at the same time, I might add.
I first met Tony (Baldrick) Robinson, along with the Time Team, when they were digging up the Ha ha outside the Priory Officers Mess in Chicksands. I reminded him of that when I saw him at the underground hospital on Jersey 18 months afterwards. He remembered the dig, but not me!!

Choux Bun

Old-Salt
Oo, I've got one.

A friend of mine backaways was the personal assistant of the Queen of Jordan.

One day, she (the friend) rang me up begging a favour. Mother Teresa had just died and she needed an obituary written. So, I ghost-wrote the obituary from the Queen of Jordan which appeared in (I think) Hello magazine.

I mean, how white-hot is that?
Noor, Noor, Noor,...yes!!!

Choux Bun

Old-Salt
Once sat next to Dear Deidre (Sun Agony Aunt) in the First Class carriage of the Kings Cross to Cambridge train. I always thought the letters she replied to were made up but can confirm they are genuine (and often written in crayon it seemed).

Met most of the cast of Hi De Hi backstage at the Alhambra Theatre in Bradford one year as a kid and spent some time (alone!) in the dressing room of Paul Shane talking to him (stand down Op Yewtree, nothing happened, he was a nice guy!). In fact at one point I stopped listening to him to watch Russ Abbott on the TV in the background - he thought that was funny.

In a previous job before I joined up I dealt with the store card accounts of deceased customers and got sent Telly Savallas' and Dodi Fayed's death certificates to allow me to close their Harrods accounts.

Saw loads of slebs in London when I worked there, always had a sly glance but never bothered to talk to them other than David Bellamy who I saw outside the OWOB who I said Good Morning to. He didn't reply.
Hope you weren't trying to gwapple his grape nuts!!