Tenuous Claims to Fame.

Around 1986, on the piss in Wolverhampton, I ended up at a party over Heath Town, where some of my Punk mates shared a flat. There was a black guy tagged along with us, and my mate, who was the singer of Contempt, told me he was Rankin Roger of The Beat. As he was wearing jeans, denim jacket and trainers, I didn't recognise him. I have only ever seen him in his tonic suit on the telly. He was a really quiet guy.

My mates eventually left the flat, after the local drug dealers, smackheads, prozzies and pimps petitioned them out.

Over the past decade or so, I have visited Blackpool dozens of times. For the Punk festivals, for normal lads' weekends on the piss, and for working as well. Surely by the law of averages, I must have stood next to somebody from Nightmare Tenants - Slum Landlords. Even if I never realised it at the time.

Unremarkable

Old-Salt
My Brother got Married on the 20th April
Adolfs Birthday
dont mention the war, I mentioned it once but I think I got away with it
An uncle of mine, ex Desert Rat, died on that date. Different year, my niece was born on the same date. My sister called her "Bloody Hitler" whenever she misbehaved.

The first real love of my life was a German, whoes dad served on the U Boats during WW2. He would often regale me with this ship sunk or that one. He was the 2ic of U101 (I think that was the number) which of all the U Boats which survived the war had sunk the most allied shipping. He was also the only box-head who admitted that he had fought the allies WW2, most of the others were Ruskie front soldiers.
Did he muff ''dive'' ? :rolleyes:

I thought that was her fathers brand of Kippers ?
“Andrew Johnson Knudtzon Fish Merchants‘? Don’t think all of that would fit on a Gipsy moth... I hadn’t heard that, I got the other version from the horse‘s mouth.

See her film Walkabout, the various nude (totally) performances will soon have you in the right frame of mind.
edited to add I think she was around 16/17 years old at the time, post Railway Children.
I just had a few site issues. ERM When I first saw Jenny in that film, I was a hell of lot younger and she's now a helluva lot older. She still get me going. There's a lot going for unrequited passion.

My Brother got Married on the 20th April
Adolfs Birthday
dont mention the war, I mentioned it once but I think I got away with it
Nah far more impressive, my German Grandad died the day the news broke of Roosevelt's death Friday April13th 1945. Me Grandad (British) married me grandma on the 11/11/11 the day that turned into armistice day. My 15th Birthday was the last time we won world the world cup

Last edited:

ches

LE
Me and the other half shared a lift with him at the Cardiff Hilton, he came across as perfectly pleasant, even more so considering how much the great unwashed had hassled him for selfies and autographs while all he wanted to do was eat his breakfast.
By most accounts Kemp is a decent chap, especially good with all the work hes' done for forces charidees since he did those pretty decent Herrick docus.

By most accounts Kemp is a decent chap, especially good with all the work hes' done for forces charidees since he did those pretty decent Herrick docus.
Fair one. But he’s still a massive luvvy pinko.
Didn’t he tweet a video calling for support of Steptoe during the election?

The first real love of my life was a German, whoes dad served on the U Boats during WW2. He would often regale me with this ship sunk or that one. He was the 2ic of U101 (I think that was the number) which of all the U Boats which survived the war had sunk the most allied shipping. He was also the only box-head who admitted that he had fought the allies WW2, most of the others were Ruskie front soldiers.

One of my g/f's in the mid '60's was a very attractive German girl who claimed her father had been an SS-Scharführer in Skorzeny's mob who released Mussolini near the end of the war.
He apparently got away at the end of the war by being sheltered in a monastery in Italy and working as a gardener until the heat died down, when he returned to Germany. I would like to have met him and talked to him about his experiences but never did despite her inviting me back to Germany with her, where she was going to take over the running her Aunts hotel in the Moselle valley. (She had been training in Hotel management at one of the top West end Hotels)

making up for being a thundercunt.

Edited to add: I am always slightly suspicious of the narrative that "public figure that is nice to HM Armed Forces = good bloke / girl". It smacks slightly of desperation and a need to be liked.

On a more professional note, those documentaries exposed an EW asset that definitely should not have been on camera and, reportedly, the pirate DVD's of both series were the most on-demand in Peshawar market as a training guide on British TTP's.

This is not Kemp's fault as someone MoD side is going to have had to have signed off on the release but given the context of time, i.e. coming from the illustrious ITV production of "Ultimate Force", being beaten up by his Mrs, Rebecca Wade (you remember her? of "no phone hacking here" / Murdoch's right-hand woman" fame) to being remade as a "serious journalist" you will forgive me for wondering who was best served by (and what was the motivation behind) those documentaries.

Given, as I have already observed, the man's a thundercunt.

Last edited:
I once did a short stint as bishop tutus body guard, lovely man,on the other hand Winnie Mandela right cow, could have shot her myself
Had the esteemed task of hosting King Goodwill Zwelithini kaBhekuzulu back in the '90's. His cp team were laughable. First they parked an armoured Merc so that nobody could get out of it (but it was in the shade, hugely important) They were all large men, but in a Telly Tubby rather than a menacing way. Their gats were in shit order , fluff everywhere mag springs clapped out etc

And all they wanted to do was eat.

All in all a bit like the Keystone Cops.

Ma's birthday was April 20th too.
She could have given Irma Grese a run for her money at times.

Miss her(Ma,that is)

Anne Aston, of The Golden Shot fame, put the bolt in place. Nothing to do with mucky pee action.
I worked with a chap who was security guard who was married to her. Nobody would ever ask her out back in the day. So he did, for a bet or so he said, ended up married to her.
1970’s Along with a whole lot of Toms, we were extras in Tommy filmed up Portsdown Hill and on Brighton Beach for Quadrophenia. There were more men than bar flys looking on whenever Lesley Ash did her bit.
Not sure if this counts, went to have a nice pot of tea in Harrods one day, and it was a bit full.Saw a table with just one fine blond sat there, so asked if I could take a pew given the place was packed. Turns out it was Felicity Kendal, very nice lady who was born in India and as I had lived there as a Pads Brat, had an enjoyable 30mins in her company. Later on saw her nude in a stage play called the Blue Room or something like that, equally as nice.
So what did you do about the full pot of tea?

Enquiring minds need an answer.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
paddyplanty The NAAFI Bar 36
Joshua Slocum The NAAFI Bar 174
vvaannmmaann The NAAFI Bar 271

Latest Threads