Tenuous Claims to Fame.

Sierra Charlie

War Hero
Both Elvis and myself were in the Army all be it 30 years apart
We both had some time in Germany too.

Saw Ant or Dec in a York pub no wonder he needed rehab the birds were queing round the place to have a selfie taken with them.
Saw Noel Gallagher at Northolt and then walking down a street in London.
DoW came to see us off for Telic.
One of the officers on Telic did the Royal Baby snaps
I walked past a tramp one day in London leaning against a door with a carrier full of cans and half cu about 09:00 on a Sunday.
Mate pointed out it was George Best very sad to see him like that.
Ewan McGregor's brother was a Tornado Pilot nice bloke probably a bit sick of the can't you use the force jokes by now though
I let Stephen Fry on camp once without checking his ID or booking car in - it was one of those when you recognise his face jobs and are 11 hours into it.
He was very nice about it after they had to get him to come and register his car on camp - two weeks extra guard help me in my car checking duties after that.
When in Cyprus I hid under the bowser to avoid Prince Andrew
We did Soldier Soldier as extras my mate told Paddy he was a crap singer he wasn't amused the wee Geordie Robson was cracking though Donna was Gorgeous had lunch Tim Healy as his wife was in it he was a TA Para.
Are you Michael Parkinson

Tim Lawerence was of his era.

Any man who can survive Princess Anne has my respect.

syrup

LE
She is dead down to earth- on The Cumberland she was onboard for a bit every week whilst alongside in Guzz. If rugby was on she'd send crates of beer down messdecks. She'd come down the messdecks (with an officer entourage) and the officers would all be giving it 'career smiles' etc and she'd come out with, and it sounds funny coming from someone you'd expect not to say: "So you're all going out and getting shiters tonight I expect?". She remembered the crew and could carry on conversations after last seeing weeks before. Tim however- was an utter cock. Ever heard the dit about the ship's captain altering ship's course because he was reading on the bridge wing and the sun was in his eyes? - That was him whilst we sailed enroute to Ex-Purple Star...which we essentially gatecrashed. The ship was not actually designated to be involved in some of the exercises but...we "got involved". During a designated exercise standoff- and yank admiralty had decreed "sports day standoff" with a 'flyby' by yank admiral - Tim ordered "clear lower deck" (everybody muster in designated area) all ships company in sports rig on upper deck for duration of flypast by yank admiral. Once completed, ship's company assumed defence watches and 'scrubbing out' the ship - whilst all the other naval Purple star assets were having barbecues and flightdeck sport.

Ref Princess Anne she was the same with the lads at Northolt MT whenever she needed a lift home.
She'd drive with the SAC in the back and the coper up front
Conversation was mostly
Ma'm will you please slow down
No, be quiet
As every speed camera on the A40 went off like disco lights behind her

Sierra Charlie

War Hero
I once did a short stint as bishop tutus body guard, lovely man,on the other hand Winnie Mandela right cow, could have shot her myself

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
I was once in a hotel foyer in Copenhagen when Dame Edna Everage entered. I get that the whole idea is for Dame E to be domineering, even intimidating but that close the effect is bloody frightening.

I once worked at the same company as Prince Charles.

Come to think of it, his two lads, William and Harry, worked there too, but that was after I had left.

It was called the Army! Now that people, is feckin' tenuous!

JackSofty

Old-Salt
Robert Fox,who came into where I worked.He was with a hot 40ish bit of totty.
I didn't recognise him,but clocked the name on his passport as I booked him in.
She murmered to him"He recognises you"

I didn't-------- as I thought he looked fek all like the Falklands war correspondant.

Turned out(after a bit of google) he's a thespian/producer and brother of James and Edward fox plus was shagging Natasha Richardson at one time.(prior to her Yeti-ing into a tree)
Ian Brown(Stone Roses) didn't know who he was either -- nice,pleasant bloke. He was paying for some geezers air fare from Thailand to UK. Repat from Thai nick.

Was on hols when both Rolf and Gary stayed with us.

Danced with Alex Fergusson's wife--- won 50 fags after spin the bottle as last 2 on the dance floor(sold them to my Ma-- I was 12 or 13)
Every now and again Ian Brown rocks up in my neighbourhood and is always disappointed that nobody appears to recognise him or give a shit about him. He will sometimes appear outside a particular boozer, get no response, disappear and come back again. When the same happens, he b*ggers off looking at his feet.

Sent from my karzi while losing several pounds

Every now and again Ian Brown rocks up in my neighbourhood and is always disappointed that nobody appears to recognise him or give a shit about him. He will sometimes appear outside a particular boozer, get no response, disappear and come back again. When the same happens, he b*ggers off looking at his feet.

Sent from my karzi while losing several pounds
Who's Ian Brown?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
paddyplanty The NAAFI Bar 36
Joshua Slocum The NAAFI Bar 174
vvaannmmaann The NAAFI Bar 271

Latest Threads