Tenuous Claims to Fame.

I sat on a ski lift with Richard Branson and his ski instructor. We chatted (my springer bitch was in pup) and I got a call two days later saying he'd like to buy a puppy. He changed his mind, the git.

I also chatted to James Blunt while he had a smoke (very nice guy) and stood in a queue next to Hugh Grant (utterly sullen & miserable, hiding his face under a snood which only made him more recognisable as Hugh Grant trying to go incognito).

A friend and I got a push around George Square from the half the Scotland squad who were doing an interview/promo piece in Glasgow just as his car juddered to a halt. They just grinned when we said "could you give us a push" and helped out. Probably the fastest the car ever went.

I sat on a ski lift with Richard Branson and his ski instructor. We chatted (my springer bitch was in pup) and I got a call two days later saying he'd like to buy a puppy. He changed his mind, the git.

I also chatted to James Blunt while he had a smoke (very nice guy) and stood in a queue next to Hugh Grant (utterly sullen & miserable, hiding his face under a snood which only made him more recognisable as Hugh Grant trying to go incognito).

A friend and I got a push around George Square from the half the Scotland squad who were doing an interview/promo piece in Glasgow just as his car juddered to a halt. They just grinned when we said "could you give us a push" and helped out. Probably the fastest the car ever went.
1579268561726.png
Wasn't this snood? Was it?

holyphuc

Clanker
In 1986 I was backpacking in Australia, stayed with some distant relatives in Sydney, they had a very effeminate 16year old son. In the early 90's I found out he was now a she and was dating a famous rugby league player who went on to captain the England team. I'm not sure if he realised she was a he, my cousin wanted to sell the story to The Sun, but I pointed out he was probably quite a big bloke and might not be amused.
She was stunning and yes I probably would have given the chance.

Shared a helicopter to the Isles of Scilly once with Janet Street Porter.

Spent most of the journey with my head out the door to get away from the noise.

sirbhp

LE
Book Reviewer
I used to nod to a bloke id see at Finsbury park station occasional, it was one of those i know you mate but cant think where from. So after a while he started to nod back to me ..... years later I found out that he was the garage mechanic in Crossroads .

As an aside I ve seen tons of famous people in the west end where I used to work and i noticed that many of them looked very sheepish and shy .

Thats her! And her slightly put on Manc/northern accent.
Mate, you niece is going to be a stunner when she's older (assuming she's still at school)

Ummm... Well, now... Funny you should say that...
But seriously; thank you for your confidence in me. I'm Welsh Independent, not Roman Catholic.

My bold ….. there's lovely for you boyo!

TamtamPWRR

War Hero
I was (maybe) one of the last people ever to be issued a battledress blouse as part of my uniform. It was 1980, I was just a new kid to Air Cadets, and the squadron was very short on woolly pulleys, so out came a small RAF blue blouse for me. The arms were way over my wrists, it was saggy from much previous issue, and I didn't half look a cunt in it when it was topped by a beret that could have doubled as a teacosy.

Nope, never h
Following on from my earlier post I have realised that I do know someone who may be considered famous, and any F1 racing fans on the Arrse will probably recognise him or will has heard him on race commentaries etc..

I give you Sean Kelly...

Sean went to school with my son and they used to drive my wife and I up the wall playing car racing computer games until 2 or 3 in the morning when they were teenagers.

He's a nice guy though and occaisionally calls round to the house for a cup of tea and to say hello when he is in the UK to visit family. Last time we saw him was just after Christmas when my wife and I went for a drink with Sean and my son. :)
Never heard of him , then again I’d rather watch paint dry than F1....

Nope, never h

Never heard of him , then again I’d rather watch paint dry than F1....
Not really my thing either... my son always complains about people who watch a race up to the first corner (where most of the crashes occur) and then change channels... :)

I used to say good evening to Susannah York, she was lovely, she bought the old house on the Corner of Elsynge road and Spencer road
On a day trip to London we bumped into her in a bar off Trafalgar Square. Very tidy and pure MILF material

My daughter is slightly famous and becoming more so each day. She attracts multi-millionaires like flies and spent cases around an Iraqi wedding.

Observing her life as her father is a truly surreal experience.

And no, just no, before the inevitable requests!

Years ago, my local was the same as her what played Nadia Popov on Rentaghost. I can confirm that (albeit years ago), she is a charming person away from the telly.

Adolescent crush after seeing her in her under crackers in the BoB film...
When I met her it was few years after We'll meet again.
47 at the time

My daughter is slightly famous and becoming more so each day. She attracts multi-millionaires like flies and spent cases around an Iraqi wedding.

Observing her life as her father is a truly surreal experience.

And no, just no, before the inevitable requests!
Is she a Love Island whore?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
paddyplanty The NAAFI Bar 36
Joshua Slocum The NAAFI Bar 174
vvaannmmaann The NAAFI Bar 271