TENTS, views, reviews, advice

I'll give this a punt in here, never know there might be some tent fetishists hanging around arrse

I'm looking at getting a tent. Not a plastic fantastic from Halfords. Something a bit more comfy

I'm looking for something that I can have a wood burner in and a bit of space

toying with the idea of a soul pad package but all in I'm looking at 1400 quid

Welcome - SoulPad

Thought about a pussers 12x12 or a catering tent but thought that would be a bit sad. Having said that I lived in a pusser 12x12 for six months and it was ace winter and summer

Thoughts please, wang up some links or phots

If I could I'd go to the USofA and spend days in a cabelas bankrupting myself

High Quality Outfitter Tents : Cabela's

Also contemplating a trailer, nato hitch or ball hitch if anyone has got a spare in the MT stores they think needs a new home

A 12x12 would actually be very hard to beat, if you were looking for that size of heavyweight tent. I certainly wouldn't feel sad using one. Maybe there are some available in sand colour, which would look a bit more civvie?

I don't think it's what your looking for really but check out Gala Tent Gazebo's. The lower spec one's are not an arm and a leg but they are still well made and easy to erect. A nice selection of accessories to make them weather resistant to high winds etc. They might suit you?

Buy Garden Marquees | Party Tents | Pop Up Marquee Manufacturer

Loads of room and a choice of colours including a leaf tree camouflage one if that floats your boat. You will need to use a vehicle to transport one though. They aren't something to carry around on your back like an ordinary tent.

We have a 6 metre by 3 metre which we are planning to use at shows. We are even thinking of buying a second one the same size. Gala tent do a weatherproof accessory that links them together creating an even larger workspace.

Have a look online at Tamarack Outdoors.

Wide range of 'Lavvu' - tepee style tents on offer.

I've got a 5 man Outwell Montana for sale, but I wouldn't be putting a log burner in it so probably not something you would want to consider.

have you looked at the reviews on ukcampsite.co.uk? The soulpads do sound good

or I've a vango halo 300 I want to sell...........only used once

ps - there is a camping group on here

This website may be of help - Home - The Joy of Canvas

There some of the Dutch tents on there but they seem terribly expensive. I've built "self-build" Motorhomes for less

Rod924

LE
Kit Reviewer
Fair play to the OP, tabbing with a 12x12, but the log burner too #nails

Thats a lie to start with, they are based in Croydon.
Eh? What do you mean: the yurts aren't Mongolian, or there ain't no hippies in Croydon?

They are not "direct" if they stop off in Croydon on route. The directors of the company should all commit suicide for lying to the public.
Those bastards.