Tentatively Online Again

Good CO

Admin
I have just dealt with a fairly major server problem, but am still not clear what the cause of the problem was, so we are tentatively online again. There were 3 notable backend events yesterday which I need to look through in more detail.

Data has been lost - with a black hole from early yesterday afternoon, after which the first problems began appearing. I have discarded everything since then.

Unfortunately the problems caught me in silent hours - I'm in Siberia at the moment with less than perfect comms, so I only found out in the early hours this morning.

Watch this space and if you write any essays then keep a copy for the time being as it may just happen again!

Apologies to those who lost anything.

Search will be rebuilding again so expect things like "my posts" and so on to be empty as I post this and slowly catching up for the next few hours

Siberia? So Arrse really is based in a hollowed out volcano Mr Bond.

#SIBERIA# ............... honestly, is it any wonder GC#Q and the NS@ cut off service.

I had to speak to my Missus yesterday, please don't take away my weekend refuge again.

some of us were discussing this in another place and decided that someone used so many dirty words that the swear filter crashed so badly it took down the entire server.

It was no me, honest!!!

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Rumors that GCO deliberately crashed the site when site when to town with the new "Dumb" rating on all of his posts, leading to him taking a huff and crashing ARRSE in order to surreptitiously remove them are scurrilous and have no basis in fact.

Rumors that GCO deliberately crashed the site when site when to town with the new "Dumb" rating on all of his posts, leading to him taking a huff and crashing ARRSE in order to surreptitiously remove them are scurrilous and have no basis in fact.

Poor guy is dumb? Is he deaf as well?

I blame the Daily Mail, they download so much Shite/Bollocks/Lies and Fantasy from here to publish, they overload the system.

Not sure if this is the correct place to ask, but,

I am on a MS Surface running W8 but cannot see the new multi choice icons for like, bullshit etc, is it me or is there an upgrade I've missed?

Good CO

Admin
I thought it might be a tablet thing as you need to hover on a desktop to make them appear (under the post you're hovering over), but I can see them on my Android tablet - they just show faded under all posts. Do MS give you the flexibility to use a different browser? if so would you mind trying for me? Firefox or Chrome for example

They don't appear on my windows phone, but if I touch the screen above the quote button, I can see them. ;)

Latest Threads