Tent Heater

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Murielson, Feb 5, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Looking for NSN(s) for current, in-service heaters used in tents, with tentage, if anyone can help.

Thanks in advance for any info
  2. Any QM types out there able to help with this one; someone sat in a stores depot somewhere with accees to an NSN database of some sort maybe?
  3. heater around the tents ie the big blowheaters, or portable ones on the inside ?
  4. Portable ones on the inside bitte.
  5. You have an Equipment Table to tell you what tent heaters you can have. :roll:
  6. Its on our ET, find out in the morning and post it back to you
  7. Space heater tent Model GHS 111

NSN: 4520 99 130 6045
  8. Don't they teach the "Buddy - Buddy System"?
  9. Nah, but they do teach how to load a kero heater onto an office wagon while still fully fueled, resulting in the poor [BEEP] who unloads the fcuker gets himself and the kit he happens to be wearing psis wet through with kerosene...

my smock still stinks of kero to this very day...
  10. As I recall they had PPE when you were working on Bulk Fuelling (UBRE)
    Or was that just for the South Atlantic?

But why would you want Space Heaters, I thought the Army was SO busy and they were ALL out doing something! .. .. :wink:
  11. Thanks for the info chaps but I am now with a defence contractor who is trying to provide you with something of benefit to you on the CBRN side. Therefore no access to ETs etc but 24 years mil service, a member on here since before the last site move and the common dog to tap into your knowledge.

I could always just recommend something with no support infrastructure and not give a toss I suppose!!

All help appreciated and if there are any other alternatives you might think of, please add them to the thread.

Cheers Blueoffroader400 for the NSN.
  12. DAS3 / 4520-99-9020668

BASIC PRICE = 149.00

Although this was on our ET, we had to get it though our ASU.
  13. Same, but the newer type model