tent cots

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by tomahawk6, Jan 21, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I can see people getting out of that really quickly in an emergecy.

2. No one has been killed in them yet. Of course you still have to maintain security while the unit is napping.

3. "Supports 300lb" I guess most septics need to take their boots off before entering then! :lol:

4. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

I'll definitely be getting one of those, there's a small part of one sidepouch that it would slot into quite nicely.

Damn ! I must stop snorting the Ajax !

5. The special forces and Marines like it. The USAF has provided it to their forward deployed folks as well.

6. WTF!!! Are you suggesting this is used in a tactical environment?

7. For USAF "forward deployed" read RAF "forward deployed"; e.g. 5* hotel, hundreds of miles away from anything nasty.

Best thing I have found is a hooped bivvy bag with zipped- in mossie net. slightly lower profile than this.

8. perfect: a prezipped body bag when the fcuker collapsed and lops your head and shins off!

whats wrong with a lielo in a hammock anymore? you feel like ali baba and his flying carpet! ninja!

9. 18 Lbs, popular with SF.
    Onest?
    john

10. say what?

11. Guess you could get away with it if you a driver or training team or someone with a job in the rear but in a proper platoon harbour 18lbs
    even I wouldnt try and my self respect vanished years ago :D