TENS Machine Thingy.

The_Snail

ADC
RIP
I've put this post in here so you can all say things like "Get off your back, you lazy bitch" etc. etc.

Anyhoo. As some of you may or may not know, I did a little sneeze the other day. A little tiny sneeze, not a BFO one where the lime jelly came out of my ears and nose at the same time, and my squishy back went into meltdown.

I think it's the L4/L5 that are nacked and yes, I have discussed it with the ARRSE Nurse and he says it's sciatica. I've had it before - I do just not like the idea of a massive injection of hydrocortisone into my bones again and told to lay in bed for a week (I do that anyway).

So, my question, pop-pickers, do TENS Machine Thingies work? Is it worth me getting one? I've got a Migraleve patch on my bootock at the moment, and as nice as it feels, it's not taking the pain away.

I never ever ever ask you lot for help, but please bear in mind, I'll get better one day, and you lot will still be fat and ugly. I might also cheer up when I am not "Ow Ow Ow"ing.

Just asking. Any ideas within the next 17 seconds would be nice.

Slug Hugs xxxx

D

Djelli Beybii

They do work.
The old man had one a few years ago, and it helped him a hell of a lot with his back pain.

The_Snail

ADC
RIP
They do work.
The old man had one a few years ago, and it helped him a hell of a lot with his back pain.

Isn't he dead from when he electrocuted himself?

I should stop laughing at my own jokes. It hurts.

Edit: When you Google TENS Machine, you get links for Tena Lady. I might need one in a minute.

D

Djelli Beybii

No slugs, he's still alive.
But, the TENS things do provide some pain relief to be fair.

Are you sure you weren't a crab? - you're as knackered as me with the hay fever and sciatica and I'm an old fart anyway :)

to answer your Q???

No idea - don't even know what one of those is. Mine got better when I stopped subjecting my back to knackering vibrations from the vehicles I was spending too much time in and started to work in an office.

I just wanted to pay you back for calling me a girl..... :)

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
results do vary with tens machines, some people don't like the tingling sensation, some people get really good results from using them, others don't.

well worth a go, they are cheap enough to get hold of

Let me come round to your house and bolt gun you in your forehead. That works and I have 300+ cows to offer as postmortem witnesses.

D

Djelli Beybii

Alternatively, put a plug with flex into a live socket and poke the bare ends up your bum.
Easier than forking out for a TENS machine.

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
Mrs Toppers couldn't stand the tens machine while in labour with mini me mk 1. other women on the ward were going through more batteries than sluggy reading her Bay City Rollers annuals.

We used to have a physio who'd issue little tens machines for people to take away once he was happy they'd use it properly and not just to zap sleeping drunks at Battery BBQs.

Got a compressed vertebrae (lower spine) , tried one a while ago, didn't work, but tried it on the bollocks,

What a fcuking tinngle,
But then I'm wierd. :headbang:

You don't know till you have a go!

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
I've been given a TENS machine from the physio for my back (disc issues). It does work, but don't expect it to make you totally pain free and let you do gymnastics. Also, it only works whilst it's switched on. There is no lasting effect once you turn it off.

The_Snail

ADC
RIP
Got a compressed vertebrae (lower spine) , tried one a while ago, didn't work, but tried it on the bollocks,

What a fcuking tinngle,

Smashing. That's really ******* helpful.

@theoriginalphantom. Complete thread drift, but at 0530hrs this morning, I had a song in my head. Keep on Dancing. I sniggered like a tiny child.

My wife (the midwife) dishes out loads at her clinics, and the Mum's swear by them

I'm not overly convinced they work, but I often plug myself in and do a rythmic massage every now and again. The machine switches off after 15 mins, but I do at least 3 cycles just cos I like tingles.

Wacking it up to max and watch people twitching like Eplileptic Spazzers is to be seen and a thing of beauty.

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
Yes they work. A TENS was the only pain relief my wife used when dropping both sproglets.

The_Snail

ADC
RIP
I've been given a TENS machine from the physio for my back (disc issues). It does work, but don't expect it to make you totally pain free and let you do gymnastics. Also, it only works whilst it's switched on. There is no lasting effect once you turn it off.

If I can't go roller skating and disco dancing after using it for a bit, I'll mebbes just stick to brufen shall I?

Do they do full body Tubigrip?

What a fcuking tinngle,

Snap!

I tried TENS when I had a shoulder/neck injury and wasn't impressed. To disguise the pain, I had the machine set so high that I could smell bacon. OK, that's a slight exaggeration but that's what it felt like.

If you're going to give it a go, Sluggy, remember to shave at the contact points. You'll get a better tingle and you won't feel as though you've been waxed when you take the sticky things off.

I don't know if it works for sciatica but for squashed discs, Gabapentin gave me some semblance of life back. I still get the worst twinges but I'm not in constant pain (or, at least, I'm not aware of it).

Give it a go. seems to be positive feed back from here, and even if its a placebo, if it works, happy days,you'll be back pogo sticking with the best of them in no time.

Latest Threads