TENDONOSIS

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by HENDO, Dec 19, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Has anyone ever has this and had to have surgery. Im likely to be getting surgery on my knee due to this.

Any idea what the recovery period is and will it fix the problem ?

2. I've had tendon problems, especially when younger, but never severe tendonitis. If full and adequate rest is not allowed after an operation the injury could become worse and career threatening if you are a sports person. Bottom line is full recovery as prescibed by the Doctor and a bit on top to be safe. You can keep fitness up easily by cross training etc.

3. Hi Hendo, Dont know if this is of any relevance to you but i dislocated my knee and as a result i developed chronic tendonitis of the patella tendon and was in alot of pain...it got so bad i couldnt drive more than 20-30mins without stopping due to the inflamation....Anyway i had to have a knee op last year on my tendon to drain the joint and cut out the scare tissue in the patella tendon (the success rate i was told is only 30%).Once i had the op i was on crutches for 5 weeks and took me 6 months before i could start to do any form of intense cardio...there was alot of muscle wastage and this was evident when i tired to run but after alot of training im now a year in and feel very very fit and the knee feels as good as new however i still struggle driving long distances.

I got pretty depressed about the whole muscle wastage and stuff as i played rugby at international level but came across a pretty good website www.emotive-fitness.co.uk i got all my supps to build up again and they also have loads of motivational stuff which i found helped me.

Good luck with it all

4. Hi Hendo, Dont know if this is of any relevance to you but i dislocated my knee and as a result i developed chronic tendonitis of the patella tendon and was in alot of pain...it got so bad i couldnt drive more than 20-30mins without stopping due to the inflamation....Anyway i had to have a knee op last year on my tendon to drain the joint and cut out the scare tissue in the patella tendon (the success rate i was told is only 30%).Once i had the op i was on crutches for 5 weeks and took me 6 months before i could start to do any form of intense cardio...there was alot of muscle wastage and this was evident when i tired to run but after alot of training im now a year in and feel very very fit and the knee feels as good as new however i still struggle driving long distances.

I got pretty depressed about the whole muscle wastage and stuff as i played rugby at international level but came across a pretty good website www.emotive-fitness.co.uk i got all my supps to build up again and they also have loads of motivational stuff which i found helped me.

Good luck with it all