Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by gun-bunny, Nov 28, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. I'm hoping to join the army after uni and trying to improve my fitness at the mo. However i keep suffering from recurrent tendonitis in my foot, any advice on how to prevent this problem happening again eg. exercises, strapping, foot wear etc.
  2. Have ultrasound treatment. And bin your boots.
  3. see a podiatrist or a good sports physio - if its recurrent its likely your biomechanics are a bit off.

    stretches and rolling your foot over a frozen can of coke can help too.
  4. Tendonitis in your foot, I presume this is Plantar Fasciitis?

    If so ice your foot by rolling it over a iced coke can a few times a day for 20 mins, you could even drink the coke after, could be very motivating to keep icing your foot :p
  5. cheers, does it have to be a coke can or will Irn bru do ;). also the pain is running down the top of my foot so will the can trick still work for this?
  6. Oh, oh......it needs checking out if it might be getting heavy use. If it is the Achilles tendon, it is going to need sorting out.

    Been there, done that.
  7. it's not my achilles. seen my GP, he just said wear tubigrip take diclofenac and don't wear boots, not very helpful and the diclofenac is not working.
  8. Go and see a decent podiatrist. Expensive (unless you have private cover) but worth it in the long run. GPs generally know b*gger all about this sort of stuff.
  9. Ive had problems with my feet in the past, still get the odd problems with my shins, but thats how the cookie crumbles. A lot of its down to the fact I have very flat feet. Like the others said, see a podiatrist, they can measure up various things and diagnose you properly. As for me I wear orthotics which helps out a lot.
  10. cheers guys, am having physio/ultra sound treatment now and am waiting to be refferd to a podiatrist
  11. cheers guys, am having physio/ultra sound treatment now and am waiting to be refferd to a podiatrist
  12. Also, don't go to the NHS podiatrists or the cheap ones, it's worth going to the serious specialist. I've been to several over the years for my feet, and in experience, you pay for what you get.
  13. steroid injections direct into the tendon insertion can help too.