Ten Tors & 43bde

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Countrylad, May 6, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Any else from 43 bde on ten tors this weekend? All prepared for the unpredictable weather & any bets on what time the first kid will jack?

2. Can I ask what It Is.

3. My daughter is doing it, but she won't be the first one to jack :D

4. what element do 43Bde do?

im there on comms!

5. Good for her, lets hope she hasn't got an irresponsible adult supervisor/team manager like some from previous years who put kids on the event who are in no fit shape just to make up the numbers.

After the last two years extremes of weather (one too wet and last year too hot) lets hope we get something in the middle this year!

6. I have just looked It up, and now have a idea of what It Is. I think I am helping out with this, this weekend.

7. oh and monster... its just a weekend of schoolkids walking around dartmoor, largely.

8. Hopefully not Countrylad, it's your lot who's in charge of her :wink:

9. This looks like It, myself and 2 mates (all from the same unit) are In the middle of transferring, we are meeting what hopefully will be are new unit this weekend. We have been told that we will be manning check points for 2000 kids as they walk across Dartmoor, so this must be it.

10. Yep, this will be it. Good Luck Monster :lol:

11. monster... if you're manning checkpoints, take warm kit (lots) and sun cream (lots). either can happen, and has been known to. one year the weather was so severe it lasted an extra day, others its been so hot people collapsed with heat exhaustion.

I'll be there too.

12. Every year I go, it seems to me that there are more support staff there than there are participants.

Still, it's an easy 2.5 MTDs!

13. Thanks for the advice, I have the warm kit packed but did not think about the sun cream, I best go grab some :D

Why when I quote do I not get It In a white box?

14. My 15yo daughter is doing the 35 miler with her school, theres a lot of last min prep being done as all the kids get their kit checked by officials prior to the start (not got the correct kit then they cannot take part)and theres a lot of safety involved so as a dad im sure all those who are marshalling and manning check points etc will look after her and the rest of them.
    Just looked at the weather and everyone will get wet at some point
    Good luck