Ten life sentences? Go shopping alone then.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Awol, Aug 18, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/staffordshire/5263960.stm?ls

Glad to see the new broom at the Home Office is not all talk.

My bold. I'm just relieved that when the Daily Mail reports the same story it will become untrue.
  2. The bit about slashing women is true. I dated a woman who was there, he went berserk in the perfumery/cosmetics department where she worked as I remember

He shouldn't even be outside a secure wing. Actually, he shouldn't be outside secure clothing.
  3. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Is that the lowlife who injured that lady school teacher in her 20s?
    I d like this quote tho;

However, we also have a duty to help our patients recover and resume as normal a life as their illness will allow.

Is that New Liarbour speak for 'treat em & f*** em out the door'?
  4. Are you think of Lisa Potts and this charmer.

Beebs x
  5. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Thanks Beebs, That's who I was thinking of.
  6. FWIW, by way of additional background, a report from the Indy at the time of Morgan's sentencing.

7. Should have stuffed the working end of the club in his head...... no way this loon should be let out of a cage.
  8. Why do the hand-wringing bloody 'caring' professions insist on trotting out the usual old claptrap about our having to understand these people, implying that it is, in some way, our fault that they have turned out like this. The man is clearly mentally ill, and you do not recover from that sort of mental illness. If you do recover from it (which I very much doubt), then the next stop should be a maximum security prison where the individual should serve out the rest of his sentence for the crimes that he has committed.

If we do not have the b*lls to turn round and give him a lethal injection, given that he has voluntarily surrendered his right to fair treatment, then we should accept that he should be locked up, for the rest of his natural life, in a secure institution. Thus 'preparing him for his return to society' would not even come up as an issue. Every time one of these nutters is proclaimed to be 'cured', he invariably goes out and does the same thing again.

They are criminally insane, they add no value to society and are a danger to the public. Humanely put them out of their misery, or lock them up - either way the protection of the majority, law-abiding community outweighs the rights of the individual.
  9. Im pleased he is being released to attack my mother / sister / aunt / cousin.

It is always nice to have a few extra pennies in my pocket and the financial savings made by having a knife wielding looney on the streets more than compensate for the chance he might slice someone up if he gets in a tizzy again.

Hurrah for early release and the pecuniary benefits for the man in the street. (note not such an advantage for the woman in the street)
  10. 'rehabilitation' into what exactly? And why? Can I get full funding for my project to reanimate the victims of these types of nutters - allowing their rehabilitation from dead status to undead status so they can walk the Earth again. I promise to fully comply with H&S and to be an equal opportunity reanimator.