Ten killed in US school shooting

A US schoolboy has shot dead nine people - seven of them in a rampage through a school that ended when he apparently killed himself.

The juvenile gunman, thought to be a local teenager, also killed two of his grandparents, authorities said.

At least 12 others were hurt in the violence at Red Lake High School, on an Indian reservation in the northern state of Minnesota, the FBI said.

It was the deadliest US school shooting since the Columbine killings in 1999.

BBC News

Again.

Tragic. My feelings are with the victims' families.

Funny how these things always happen in gun-free zones though :roll:

8O I have a former colleaugue in the Utah who owns 93 fire arms. Among them are HK's, a Stirling SMG (that will confuse some of our members :D ) and a Soviet belt fed affair... plus the usual red neck array of SG's and so, so, so many different shorts. 8O

It's his constitutional right....

Enough said I think!

pompadour said:
8O I have a former colleaugue in the Utah who owns 93 fire arms. Among them are HK's, a Stirling SMG (that will confuse some of our members :D ) and a Soviet belt fed affair... plus the usual red neck array of SG's and so, so, so many different shorts. 8O

Enough said I think!
Constitutional right to be a fcuking idiot.

I have a friend in Switzerland who has 143 :D

What is it about Americans that makes them think that the correct way to solve their problems is going mental with firearms?

Bladensburg said:
What is it about Americans that makes them think that the correct way to solve their problems is going mental with firearms?
Dunno, referring to people who go on these 'sprees', their problems are other Americans. Or themselves. Or America itself.

It really is scary.

This was a murder-suicide - I would like to know what pushes someone so far over the edge that they want to take their own life & as many people with them as possible? I had serious problems at school & access to firearms, but it never ever crossed my mind to go postal against the w@nkers who made my life hell & then shoot myself.

Very sad indeed.

It seems that the grandfather of the shooter was a police officer and had his service weapons at home. If that is the case, gun control or no, the boy would have had access to the weapons.

As for his motives, it seems the usual stuff is trotted out. Loner, always wore black, teased by bullies, etc, etc. We may never know what his motives truly were.

It seems Red Lake is a rather close-knit community and this must be devastating for the families there. I'm just glad my kids don't have to attend a school with metal detectors at the doors.

stoatman said:
Tragic. My feelings are with the victims' families.

Funny how these things always happen in gun-free zones though :roll:
that probably why it happened, the wacko-jacko knew this so probably felt "brave" shooting everybody knowing they can't shoot back.

in switzerland everyhouse has a gun but crime rates is very low.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
stoatman said:
This was a murder-suicide - I would like to know what pushes someone so far over the edge that they want to take their own life & as many people with them as possible? I had serious problems at school & access to firearms, but it never ever crossed my mind to go postal against the w@nkers who made my life hell & then shoot myself.
To use the words of an imfamous dictator: "Education, education, education !"

Those that are brought up with firearms being a natural part of life and that have been taught their uses and effects are unlikely to ever contemplate the sort of actions that occured at Red Lake and Columbine.

However, some children's knowledge of firearms is limited to films, television and of course these silly computer games.
If in a game an enemy is shot the image will drop and then disappear, unfortunately Darren and Chardonnay may well equate that to reality - especially if the bumf on the box calls the game 'True life' or realistic.
Hunting animals will always show well-balanced youngsters what can occur when a firearm is discharged.

Remember rule one:
"Never let your muzzle cover something that you are not willing to see destroyed."

isleofwightrifles said:
I bet the NRA stage a rally there in the next few weeks!
What, you mean like the convention in Charlotte, NC which took place more than a year after Columbine which a certan fat tw@t wanted you to think took place in Columbine a week or so later in direct response? :roll:

Bowling for Truth

stoatman said:
isleofwightrifles said:
I bet the NRA stage a rally there in the next few weeks!
What, you mean like the convention in Charlotte, NC which took place more than a year after Columbine which a certan fat tw@t wanted you to think took place in Columbine a week or so later in direct response? :roll:

Bowling for Truth
Moore is caniving fat barsteward!

His portrayl of Charlton Heston as a right wing fanatic was ridiculous. All the man wants to do is keep the right to hold fire arms so that he could protect himself or defend himself should the govt become nasty.

Might seem a bit weird to us, but f you look at american history they do tend to have a fear that the govt will come get them if they dont hold on to their rifles.

A real tragedy. Its the first such incident on an Indian Reservation. But it seems to have many of the root causes of other such incidents - bullying, low self esteem, few friends. These kids need to be indentified by the school for special counseling- before a kid goes over the edge.

pompadour said:

Enough said I think!
It's actually a misrepresentation of what is in the constitution, or so it was explained to me by a US Legal Officer over a couple of Becks at Bad Lippspringe one summer evening.

The second Ammendment states:-

"A well-regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

The constitution does not give any 'individual' the 'right to keep and bear arms'. Although that is how the gun happy, survivalist and criminal interpret it.

The constitution actually gives each 'State' the right to 'keep and bear arms ' so that it can defend itself or the United States. Hence each State having its own National Guard and training men and women in order to have a reserve force that can be called on by the central government. In short the people of each state may form a 'well-regulated militia', not lots of armed individuals.

The misinterpretation of this one line in the constitution, by allowing the criminal and mentaly unfit to carry weapons, has caused more death in the United States than any war or terrorist attack.