TEN FIT FOLK ? London 10K

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by Goatman, Jun 15, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Guys and gals,

If anyone is feeling like a lean green running machine and fancies a gentle jog around some of the sights in London AND raising money for Combat Stress then today IS your lucky day !

The charity are looking for 10 fit folk (age is IMMATERIAL, which is just as well for an old goat like me) to run this year's race with them and raise at least £100 each in the process.

Warning Order

Date: - SUNDAY 2ND JULY
    Start line : - Piccadilly, London
    No Move Before: 020930AJul06

O Grp and RV: follows Out

Despite some bad press in the Runner's World forum, this is still a great opportunity - not least 'cos you get to do the race WITHOUT forking out £30 entry fee

If anyone is interested plse PM me soonest - TWO SO FAR BRAVO ZULU guys !

Alternatively, plse take a look at www.justgiving.com/run...batstress2

Thanks a lot folks,

2. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Cripes people, nearly a week on only TWO more volunteers ?

This lot managed to run 10K , carrying a stretcher in 30 degrees of heat....and they're SCALEYS ! Where are all the lean green running machines ? Are there no Maroon machine types who'd like to join us ? Or are they all in the Stan ? Where are all the superfit ARRSE maidens I've heard so much about ?

All joking apart, if you can spare an hour in London on 2 July 06, the delectable Rosie Gibbons at Combat Stress would be delighted to hear from you....PLUS, you get to watch an old goat tottering around London with a red face, learing at all the nannies...what more could any red-blooded woyer ask ? :)
  3. To expand on this, any offers of sponsorship for G'Man or myself are more than welcome. Come on ladies and gents, dig deep - it's a worthy cause.
  4. Right, I still have said spaces and have to have runners registered by the end of the day tomorrow.

No longer asking for minimum sponsorship - just whatever you can muster! If you can come along, run in a Combat Stress t-shirt to raise awareness for us at least, then we'd be very happy!!

Would hate to see these places go to waste. If you know of ANYONE who may want to stroll, jog, sprint for us then please get in touch with me Rosie Gibbons on 01372 841616 or PM me ASAP
  5. Oi you lazy b*stards, the "London City" mob made a big deal on another thread about how they all worked / lived in The City so, do one of two things.

1. PM GMan, take off the 2K suits and jump into the £10 shorts for an hour and join in

2. PM GMan and hand over some of your extortionately high wages.

Point 2 goes for all the rest of you overpaid fcukers as well :)
  6. I could stroll round? why didn't you say so Goatman - wil e-mail Rosie and volunteer ( you must be REALLY desperate :D )
  7. Yep, I think desperate is spot on - especially with 24 hours to go and 10 places to fill - arrghhhh.

Thank you Poppy - look forward to hearing from you! :D
  8. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Yaaaaay! new mantra :

Poppy is a HERO-ine
    Poppy is a HERO-ine
    Poppy is a HERO-ine
    Poppy is a HERO-ine*

be very glad to have you on board ma'am.....if you can't run faster than me then the Kingdom is indeed in peril !

Thanks Aunty Stell.....fundraisingatcombatstress is actually Rosie's cunningly disguised moniker - ooops......persec ....abort abort...just forget I said that yeah !

Le Chevre

* this edit brought to you by Goatman CaringSharingProductions Inc..we :heart: pedantry !
  9. I haven't run for about 2 years and have just noticed 0935 start!!!!!!! oops...............me and my big gob :cry:

......and I hate to be pedantic but shouldn't that read "heroine"?
  10. Just think, you could be home by lunch time, go back to bed and feel guilt free about sleeping for the rest of the day!!
  11. I will still be "running" at 2135 I should think!!!! I have just worked out how far 20K is........... :cry:
  12. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

...then don't depress yourself...'cos we'll only run half that :-D

10K is 6 miles......say from Boadicea's statue to Southwark Cafedral an' back with a slight detour....tchah! Morceau de gateau for fit young filly !

You'll get to the Finish line saying << is that IT ? >> .............

Le Chevre
  13. I'm running now......

ARGHYHHHHHHHHHH what have I done....will it rain? will it boil..... I'm mad.... MAD!
  14. not as mad as me - I am middle aged with a bottle of rioja and 20 camels a day habit :oops:

is it worth giving up booze and cigarettes as the race is only a few days off? or shall I just carry on in my own merry way and not worry?
  15. just carry on, im middle aged 34 (life expectancy 68) and have a curry and pt addiction.... maybe my after burner will kick in LOL