Ten Commandments

"I am the LORD your God who brought you out of the land of Egypt, from the house of slavery..."

"Thou shall have no other gods besides Me... Do not make a sculpted image or any likeness of what is in the heavens above..."

"Thou shall not swear falsely by the name of the LORD..."

"Remember [zachor] the Sabbath day and keep it holy" (the version in Deuteronomy reads shamor, "observe")

"Thou shall honour your father and your mother..."

"Thou shall not murder"

"Thou shall not commit adultery."

"Thou shall not steal."

"Thou shall not bear false witness against your neighbour"

"Thou shall not covet your neighbor's house..."
Only broken 5 of those, not bad considering the first 3 don't count. Too well behaved for the adultery one, even the stealing one (not even a chocolate bar when 8 years old). Who's been the naughtiest?

As the first 3 don't count, I've ended up with a score of 5 done and 2 left (murder and false witness and I'm working on shopping some fcuker then killing him as we speak...)

BergenBob said:
As the first 3 don't count, I've ended up with a score of 5 done and 2 left (murder and false witness and I'm working on shopping some fcuker then killing him as we speak...)
I included the three that don't count in my 5, so still five left. False witness could prove tempting.

I believe adultery in that context is considered shagging anyone you are not married to, and desiring to in your heart is as good as - like desiring to murder someone, but being stopped by someone\thing else can be thought of as bad as murder itself.

So that's most people screwed then.

TA_sig said:
I believe adultery in that context is considered shagging anyone you are not married to, and desiring to in your heart is as good as - like desiring to murder someone, but being stopped by someone\thing else can be thought of as bad as murder itself.
Whoops. Then consider me down for 6 and possibly 7! Same person as well :twisted:

arty_girl said:
oh s*** thats me up to nine then.. ah well... atleast im not married and can therefore not possibly have managed adultery
Whatshisname just mentioned that even desiring to do naughty things with someone outside of marriage, let alone doing it could be classed as adultery. Therefore any sex outside or marriage or any desire to could well be classed as adultery. 100% of arrsers will be answering a big yes to that one :D

Dear Crabby,

I'm curious as to why you prefix some of the commandments with "thou". The "TH" at the beginning actually represents the Germanic rune "Thorn", which is shaped like a "Y" but pronounced "TH" and was dropped by the Krauts around the 11th Century, but kept on by the Brits. This is where we get the olde worlde sounding but erroneous "Ye Olde Inn" and suchlike.
You could just as well have used "modern" personal pronouns.

Just a thought.

MsG

Bugsy7 said:
Dear Crabby,

I'm curious as to why you prefix some of the commandments with "thou". The "TH" at the beginning actually represents the Germanic rune "Thorn", which is shaped like a "Y" but pronounced "TH" and was dropped by the Krauts around the 11th Century, but kept on by the Brits. This is where we get the olde worlde sounding but erroneous "Ye Olde Inn" and suchlike.
You could just as well have used "modern" personal pronouns.

Just a thought.

MsG
I pretty much copied them off wikepedia, I don't know them off by heart, not being a religious type myself. I apologise for my mistake

Me. as because of an agreement with DCI Gripper of the West Midlands Crime Squad, I admitted to ten but asked for another ninety-six to be taken into account.

Helps with the clear up rate apparently.

TA_sig said:

So that's most people screwed then.
Without sounding like some Bible buff, it was the J man who said about the desire, technically making an amendment to the 10 commandments. So it really just comes down to who you want to believe, Moses or Jesus. Personally I'm gonna back Moses, otherwise I'm going to hell.

crabby said:
arty_girl said:
oh s*** thats me up to nine then.. ah well... atleast im not married and can therefore not possibly have managed adultery
Whatshisname just mentioned that even desiring to do naughty things with someone outside of marriage, let alone doing it could be classed as adultery. Therefore any sex outside or marriage or any desire to could well be classed as adultery. 100% of arrsers will be answering a big yes to that one :D

What???? People are having sex before marriage??? that is disgraceful, you should all be ashamed!!!

:D

I've never really thought of myself as particularly good or saintly, but only score four - that is the first four. How fking dull is that? Have I led a sheltered existance or has having nothing to do with religion my entire life kept me on the straight and narrow??

le_but said:
I've never really thought of myself as particularly good or saintly, but only score four - that is the first four. How fking dull is that? Have I led a sheltered existance or has having nothing to do with religion my entire life kept me on the straight and narrow??
It seems to me that, if your age is greater than 5, you're on the wrong site!!

Latest Threads