Temporary / Problems

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by Good CO, Apr 4, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

I know that the site has crashed this afternoon. I don't know why yet. Sorry! Fingers crossed.

2. Dont know if its relevant or not GCO, but i've had intermittent periods of slow page access on and off for a few days.

3. Same here. I thought it was my connection, except that all other sites seem fine

4. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

Concur ... utterly slow much of the week [typical 30 secs to change a page view] ever since the last upgrade.

i thought it might be me, as I appear have a "New Message" which isn't actually there :roll:

And, BTW "My Posts"and "Newest Posts" are now a blank page.

5. did the last upgrade move the menus about?

I keep logging myself out when looking for "my posts"...

Or is this a subtle hint... 8O

6. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Wasn't that about 6 weeks ago? Are you serious or is that just a crap throw away comment?

7. same here, last few days its been really slow and telling me connection to the database has been lost.

8. blue-sophist

I thought BCO had done some changes about a week ago ... I'm sure there was thread on it.

I wouldn't joke on a topic like this, guv'nor.

9. Ditto other while net functions are fine...

10. yep for us in China as well, about as connected as New Labour

11. i thought it was slow becaus i was abroad (however the traces are fairly consistant till it gets to the arrse server then ???

12. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

No, BCO has been very much away from the keyboard as far as I know.

I have to admit to being a bit worried about this latest burst of problems - although if the average page generation time for the last few days really was 30 seconds then I clearly need to do more than worry.

13. blue-sophist

My Posts and Newest Posts have recovered ...
    But posting this will take about 10 seconds or more, I expect [click] OK, only about 4 ...

BTW, it was your "Test" thread on 23 March I was thinking about. :wink:

14. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

That's what I was talking about when I said about breaking / fixing the search - they are part of the search functions. I sabotaged them while trying to work out what the problem was. Likewise the RSS feed which should also be online again after a brief outage..

15. I've found posting times today to be quite slow, 20ish seconds.

edited to add, until I posted this of course which was as fast as a fast thing on speed.