(Temporary) Halt to ACSM 11 issue?

With the change to DIN relating to SHADER OSM getting me over the line (only needed another 20) after qualifying deductions relating to tour in 2016, I asked medals office about ACSM 11.

They told me there was now a ‘hold’ on issuing/processing ACSM11 while there is a ‘review’ on this medal. Applications would be ‘added to the pile’.

Anybody got further light to shine? I havent heard of any reviews. Is this just a case of zero funds to have medals pressed?

FFS. If you qualify, you'll get it.

**** all to do with funding.

Not quite true, funding has been suspended you'all get it eventually.
Interesting - I would expect the £ to be tiny in the big scheme.

I've already got it so I'm not bothered.....

ChickenHeart

Old-Salt
Each medal costs about £60-70 including box, ribbon and any rosettes. But it's small fry compared to any other incentive - op bonus, tax break etc.

DITA

MIA
With the change to DIN relating to SHADER OSM getting me over the line (only needed another 20) after qualifying deductions relating to tour in 2016, I asked medals office about ACSM 11.

They told me there was now a ‘hold’ on issuing/processing ACSM11 while there is a ‘review’ on this medal. Applications would be ‘added to the pile’.

Anybody got further light to shine? I havent heard of any reviews. Is this just a case of zero funds to have medals pressed?
Any review and possible changes, unless backdated to prior to your qualification, shouldn't affect your subsequent application.

Hopefully they're changing it to include tours of the Falklands...

**dons tin lid and awaits incomng**

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
Hopefully it'll include the QGJM and QDJM :)

Latest Threads