Temporary Filling - actually no, another dental issue

Yokel

LE
I woke up very early again - at 0530 or thereabouts, and had to take ibuprofen and paracetamol. Is this normal three days after the visit to the Oral Surgeon? As far as I can tell there is no swelling either in my mouth or on the outside face.

The pain is annoying, and I always worry about infections. Has anyone experience of this? @Fang_Farrier

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I woke up very early again - at 0530 or thereabouts, and had to take ibuprofen and paracetamol. Is this normal three days after the visit to the Oral Surgeon? As far as I can tell there is no swelling either in my mouth or on the outside face.

The pain is annoying, and I always worry about infections. Has anyone experience of this? @Fang_Farrier

Sounds a bit like a dry socket.

It just needs flushed and dressed.

Might be the oral surgeon might be your own dentist.

Yokel

LE
Sounds a bit like a dry socket.

It just needs flushed and dressed.

Might be the oral surgeon might be your own dentist.

You were right.

I saw my usual dentist - who seemed a bit surprised that two teeth had been removed. No sign of infection, which is what it was worried about, and he flushed it with some purple stuff in a syringe and then packed/dressed it with something that tasted of cloves.

Yokel

LE
I had just over twenty four hours - twenty nine to be more exact - from the last time I took painkillers to taking some this evening. Is it normal to feel some tightness and pain five days after having surgical extraction(s)?

It is a level of pain I can manage, and have not needed stronger painkillers paracetamol and ibuprofen.

Will the swelling and pain subside?

goodoldboy

MIA
Book Reviewer
I had just over twenty four hours - twenty nine to be more exact - from the last time I took painkillers to taking some this evening. Is it normal to feel some tightness and pain five days after having surgical extraction(s)?

It is a level of pain I can manage, and have not needed stronger painkillers paracetamol and ibuprofen.

Can't your Dentist answer your questions or have you thought of calling the NHS Helpline?

Yokel

LE
It stopped hurting for a while.after the dentist flushed it and applied something to the socket.

The NHS helpline? You mean 111? Apart from a lack of dental expertise, it takes absolutely ages to get through, and I suspect that Saturday evening is a particularly busy time and the queue will be even longer than normal.

964ST

LE
Clove oil on the affected area can be a temporary "emergency" relief, applied directly with a q-tip type thing (but do not swill your mouth out with it as will really fück your mouth sensations).

20211127_211902_copy_1017x1808.jpg

20211127_211924_copy_1088x1934.jpg

Alledgedly! But Google the dangers first :), you are in charge.

Edited for pics.

Last edited:

Soak cotton wool in whisky and place in the hole after a couple of dozen you will feel better

anglo

LE
It stopped hurting for a while.after the dentist flushed it and applied something to the socket.

The NHS helpline? You mean 111? Apart from a lack of dental expertise, it takes absolutely ages to get through, and I suspect that Saturday evening is a particularly busy time and the queue will be even longer than normal.
How Long Does Pain Last After Tooth Extraction?

A typical tooth extraction healing process can take between one and two weeks. On the other hand, the pain of a tooth extraction typically fades in the 24 to 72 hours following the surgery. When patients develop infections, pain can be severe and can last longer than the first few days following surgery. It is important to remember that every case is different and each individual heals in a different way.

Any tooth and whatever the condition must be saved...a tooth extraction is rentable for the dentist
Taking Ibuferen and Paracétamol at the same time... is just plain crazy, man

Yokel

LE
Clove oil on the affected area can be a temporary "emergency" relief, applied directly with a q-tip type thing (but do not swill your mouth out with it as will really fück your mouth sensations).

View attachment 618708

View attachment 618703

View attachment 618704

Alledgedly! But Google the dangers first :), you are in charge.

Edited for pics.

What publication is that?

Any tooth and whatever the condition must be saved...a tooth extraction is rentable for the dentist
Taking Ibuferen and Paracétamol at the same time... is just plain crazy, man

The tooth was beyond repair and was just liable to get infected again - not a pleasing thought. As for paracetamol and ibuprofen, I do not see the problem as they are completely different drugs and work differently. Their combined use is often recommended.

Latest Threads