Temporary Filling - actually no, another dental issue

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I had a root canal a while back with great trepidation. Underwhelming.

However don’t spend that night in a hotel. Your pillow will look like a used tampon in the morning.

Bleeding? From a root canal? Shouldn't be

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I have had them and they went tits - I have a problem opening my mouth. The only one that was successful was at the front of my mouth, and done by an Indian lady with great dexterity.

Ask to be referred to an endodontist

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I have an upper molar that had been filled when I was probably about ten. I think that over the years, the tooth weakened and it finally collapsed pre-covid. My dentist stopped it up with a white resin filling. He said that it was probably not suitable for successful root canal work and might best be extracted. The new 'filling' has recently come out leaving a large void.

Are dentists operating normally again?

Depends on how you define normal.

Was working as a locum today, seeing emergencies.

Depending on what was needed, follow up appointments were May to August!

Had to look that up, a new word in my vocabulary.
Doubt that I'll have much use for it though.
When 2 and 3 RTR amalgamated in the early 90’s I was the Sqn Ldr of the newly formed E Sqn, we had a list of names for our tanks beginning not surprisingly with E, one of them was EXTIRPATOR, a name I selected for my tank.

No problems with my teeth though at present.

Yokel

LE
I cannot believe how painful it is. I am trying to control the pain with paracetamol alternated with ibuprofen, but the pain keeps coming! The only time I had this before I ended up being given dihydrocodeine in A&E.

Grrrrrrrr! I hope the antibiotics start working soon.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I cannot believe how painful it is. I am trying to control the pain with paracetamol alternated with ibuprofen, but the pain keeps coming! The only time I had this before I ended up being given dihydrocodeine in A&E.

Grrrrrrrr! I hope the antibiotics start working soon.

Must admit that I am surprised that you were given antibiotics.

If, as your description suggests to me, that you are at the irreversible pulpitis/ pulp necrosis stage then antibiotics are unlikely to be much good.
As I said above extirpation (removal of pulp) or extraction are the best options at this stage.

Good luck.

I had a front upper tooth filled by an army Dentist in 1972 and it is still there .He was the best dentist I have ever had spoke to me throughout the process

I was in absolute clip a while ago for about 3 days, couldn't close my mouth fully, felt like my back left tooth had somehow raised itself up so the rest of them didn't meet properly when I tried to. Munched brufen for the few days then touch wood never came back. Strange.

I have had them and they went tits - I have a problem opening my mouth. The only one that was successful was at the front of my mouth, and done by an Indian lady with great dexterity.
I've had 2, both teeth snapped in half and ended up being extracted.

Root Canal work, eh! Early '70s, I was in my early 20s, and had occasion to visit the RAAF's 6 Hospital Dental facility, after complaining of a sore mouth a few days after a footy game ... end result, the Senior DentO was summoned, and agreed with the attending Dental Officer that root canal work was on the cards for one of my back, lower choppers. Initial exploratory/X-Rays indicated that the powered drills etc available wouldn't reach far enough to achieve the necessary extraction, so a fist full of good painkillers and '... come back in a week when we've go the right bits, LAC ...". The 'right bits' were hand-wound, and seemed to be about a foot-and-a-half long ... and took about 15" to slooooowly grind out the objectionable root; but, happily, never had any further problems with deep roots.

Yokel

LE
My face is swollen and the pain has kept me awake all night. I tried to phone my GP for assistance, but no, forget about actually bring able to speak to the right person. I left a message with the Patient Services team, just after 0830. A doctor will phone between1040 and 1140.

Paracetamol and Ibuprofen are not working.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
My face is swollen and the pain has kept me awake all night. I tried to phone my GP for assistance, but no, forget about actually bring able to speak to the right person. I left a message with the Patient Services team, just after 0830. A doctor will phone between1040 and 1140.

Paracetamol and Ibuprofen are not working.

GP is the wrong medical professional for this.

You need to see a dentist.

Swollen face should get you seen same day.

Phone dentist now, do not wait until GP phone call because they will say contact dentist.

Yokel

LE
GP is the wrong medical professional for this.

You need to see a dentist.

Swollen face should get you seen same day.

Phone dentist now, do not wait until GP phone call because they will say contact dentist.

I will - but I will have missed the pain slot and just need STRONG painkillers. My face was swollen yesterday when the locum dentist made the lymph node comment.

Latest Threads