• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

temp

Hi all

I am wondering, when you get your medial for the army what do they do in it ? like do they examin every bit of your body for example ?

Thanks in advance :D

The search function is your friend. Use it next time.

To begin with prior to the medical I gave a urine sample in the toilets and the nurses then administered a sight, hearing, breathing test. This involved closing one of my eyes at a time and reading letters off a card from about 8 - 10 feet away. I also had a colour vision test by looking at multi coloured cards and having to read off the numbers inside them. The hearing test involved going into a soundproof cabin and listening for different tones, pressing a button I held in my hand as soon as I heard the tone. I then gave a breath test by blowing on a tube. My body mass/fat was taken as well as my weight and height.

The medical began with some basic questions such as do I smoke, etc, and a question or two about my lifestyle. He then had a quick rummage through my medical records and took down my physical details (Don't know why as they where already there). We then moved on to the medical where he took my blood pressure and listened to my pulse and heartbeat. He then administered lots of little tests such as asking me to do five pressups, hops, raise myself up on the ball of one of my feet and little things like that (Nothing at all that would be considered hard).

He then took a quick look at my teeth (Which was my only problem as I lost a good portion of my teeth in an accident two years ago) before administering the hernia test where he feels your balls. He put on a plastic glove that looked somewhat like a butty/cake bag and looked away as he felt which I hope is the correct procedure. It lasted all of 2-3 seconds.

He didn't look at my backside and no blood was taken and at no point was I completely naked and it was all done in the privacy of the doctors office by myself while everyone else waited outside for their turn. It might be different elsewhere but I can't imagine it gets any worse than that.

Latest Threads