Telly Cartoons...too good for Kids

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by Tremaine, May 19, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This, if only for the actors including (Sir) David Jason: http://www.filmandtvfavourites.com/store/view_product.php?product=WIN1IC5617&gclid=CNXKyP_DyZoCFcISzAodW2lkEQ

Whacky Races , Hanna - Barbera. After the movies Monte Carlo or Bust (aka Those Daring Young Men in their Jaunty Jalopies :roll: ) and The Great Race. Scripts and animations were done by some of the Looney Tunes crews, who were, er ex_Disney.. Great fun.

Top Cat
    The show was renamed Boss Cat (with a crude title card) when it was first aired on BBC1 because Top Cat was the name of a brand of cat food. And based on Bilko,or Phil Silvers, with some of the voices transferring.

Could have some fun with this one, an' all :eek:

2. Roobarb and Custard (BBC).
    Possibly one of the most surreal and 'off the wall' cartoons ever made in my opinion.
    I particularly liked the birds who were constantly taking the piss out of the proceedings at any opportunity.

Brilliant.
    :D

3. Yep LPJ, great music and it was the humour that done it...
    There's a Site here: http://www.80scartoons.co.uk/roobarb2.php

Who's this then?
    ********and his ineffectual sidekick, Penfold. A resident of a postbox in Baker Street, London, the superspy and his sidekick battle against the evil toad Baron Silas Greenpack and his crow lackey Stiletto. David Jason, again.

4. Dangermouse.

Si Baroni!

PS : Thanks for the link :)

5. Pararegtom

Pararegtom LE Book Reviewer

captain Pugwash, and Magic roundabout what more do you need and we where so young and Naive to know what it all ment.

6. It was years before I found out that "pugwash" was an Australian phrase for a Blow job, but with names like "Master bates","seamen Staines"and "Roger the cabin boy" i am surprised it ever got aired.

Danger mouse was wasted on kids, most of the best jokes would have gone strait over their little heads.

7. Tom and Jerry.
    Still has the ability to have me laughing until the snot runs :D

8. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captain_Pugwash

There was no Roger the cabin boy or master bates

9. Remember these DM lines?

What's this? Will the Baron have the last laugh? Are our heroes doomed? Can they get to the bottom of this mystery before they reach the bottom? If not, will this show end early?

Penfold: [a bell rings] Someone's at the door, DM.
    Dangermouse: Well see who it is.
    [pause]
    Dangermouse: Well?
    Penfold: It's an officer, DM. He gave me this note.
    Dangermouse: Well, what does it say?
    Penfold: Uh..."You have been fined 99 bicycle clips, go directly to jail, do not collect 200 pounds... who's that naughty boy there?"

10. There you go again Bossy.

Anything to do with cats being tortured and you know that Bossy is'nt far behind.

11. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

for my 35th birthday I got bought a Tom & Jerry dvd and a Looney Tunes box set. the bugs and daffy ones always leave me crying laughing.

'you're dethpicable.'

12. I'm still finding lumps of cat brain from where i swung it round by the tail LPJ 8O

See, theres a big kid in us all Maguire :D

13. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

or if you're a catholic priest, you might be in a big kid. ahem.

some of the writing for warner brothers cartoons is still as sharp as a pin over half a century later... disney cartoons were always pants by comparison.

14. As i got older, just seeing the name Fred Quimby had me sniggering Maguire :lol:
    Have to agree that Disney were crap in comparison to Warner Bro's :D

15. 'I am Weasel'.

Another 'off the wall' cartoon from our septic friends.

In a way very similar to Roobarb because of its sheer ridiculousness.

Loved it.

Edited to include a link.
    Below :
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_am_Weasel