Tell them or dont tell them

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Pte_S_Baldrick, May 22, 2003.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. After being made redundant a while ago. I have been to a few interviews 2 of which I had to mention that I was in the TA due to the nature of the job I was applying for as my army background and experience puts me in good stead for the positions. There main concern expressed that was I likely to be called up (this question was never asked a few years ago when I last went job hunting due to the TA never being called up) I answered yes its possible. Strait away they each looked at each other and frowned. The first company came back to me today and said I was overqualified for the position... the second has yet to respond. My Question is would you tell them or mention it after they gave you the position... I know its not a legal requirement to tell them but why as volunteers should we have to lie or be selective about what we say.

2.      I would say it is a possibility . but it has not happened  yet . And any way my employer  has a right
    of appeal if you dont want me to go  I wouldnt .
       Which  is I suppose  is a small lie you want to get your  foot in the door . So unless your a medic which i doubt  cos you are job searching here and not kuwait  :)
    a potential employer does not really understand the armed forces and  needs to believe that you  wont
    suddenly  leap into a passing  chinook  to sort out tony's
    latest problem (like the congo )
            Play down the possibility of moblisation and emphaise the benefits the ta . like the posters in the paper say