Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Tell them or dont tell them

After being made redundant a while ago. I have been to a few interviews 2 of which I had to mention that I was in the TA due to the nature of the job I was applying for as my army background and experience puts me in good stead for the positions. There main concern expressed that was I likely to be called up (this question was never asked a few years ago when I last went job hunting due to the TA never being called up) I answered yes its possible. Strait away they each looked at each other and frowned. The first company came back to me today and said I was overqualified for the position... the second has yet to respond. My Question is would you tell them or mention it after they gave you the position... I know its not a legal requirement to tell them but why as volunteers should we have to lie or be selective about what we say.

I would say it is a possibility . but it has not happened  yet . And any way my employer  has a right
of appeal if you dont want me to go  I wouldnt .
   Which  is I suppose  is a small lie you want to get your  foot in the door . So unless your a medic which i doubt  cos you are job searching here and not kuwait  :)
a potential employer does not really understand the armed forces and  needs to believe that you  wont
suddenly  leap into a passing  chinook  to sort out tony's
latest problem (like the congo )
        Play down the possibility of moblisation and emphaise the benefits the ta . like the posters in the paper say