Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Tell me this and tell me no more.

Now don’t go dissing delorean, a microcosm of what is wrong with the Emerald Isle.
An industry with no roots in Ireland transplanted in with huge injections of other taxpayers money on the nod of incompetent politicians in awe of a crooked chancer.
That unsurprisingly went skint ( and to prison) without any taxpayer seeing a return.
North or south the result would have been the same I fear.
Made in Belfast

Now don’t go dissing delorean, a microcosm of what is wrong with the Emerald Isle.
An industry with no roots in Ireland transplanted in with huge injections of other taxpayers money on the nod of incompetent politicians in awe of a crooked chancer.
That unsurprisingly went skint ( and to prison) without any taxpayer seeing a return.
Thats funny as Volkwagon card were being assembled in Dublin upto the mid 80's apparently.
Ford also assembled cars in Ireland from the mid 1920's upto the 80's.

De Lorean as no different to me the baby chancers who have successfully turned a large fortune into a small one by making sports cars. Except that he used other people’s money; taxpayers money because he picked a location where that was available.

Others have successfully built car industries in states with no manufacturing industry let alone car industry (all those Eastern European plants, BMW in Alabama etc.

That no one has chosen to do so in Ireland is more because it’s a stupid place to build cars.

You really don't have a clue what your talking about.

Explain to me how my part of the UK may soon be in the ROI?

Oh thats simple, so simple even the most Jaffa orange boyner should be able to grab it.

The EU wants a united Ireland, and by hook or by crook, its going to do everything in its power to help its client state, and thats what the RoI is since the EU made them vote again and again until it gave the right answer, achieve united hood.

Oh thats simple, so simple even the most Jaffa orange boyner should be able to grab it.

The EU wants a united Ireland, and by hook or by crook, its going to do everything in its power to help its client state, and thats what the RoI is since the EU made them vote again and again until it gave the right answer, achieve united hood.
You still haven't explained how we'll be ending up in the ROI. The EU's wishes are as relevant as Sinn Feins objectives.. mere pipe dreams.

See - Religion and Fertility in Contemporary Northern Ireland
The evidence in here says that for a 400 women group from each community there would be a difference of one extra Catholic child over their lifetime. I'd hardly call that prodigious.
But he knows everything..It must be true.

48% of Northern Ireland is Protestant. 45% Catholic in the last census.

I'd bet the ground I walk upon that the majority of those 7% saying 'other' are from the so called Protestant community..me for an example.

Yet only 25% of those who are Catholic identify as Irish.

I'll be a British citizen in my homeland for along time yet.

See - Religion and Fertility in Contemporary Northern Ireland
The evidence in here says that for a 400 women group from each community there would be a difference of one extra Catholic child over their lifetime. I'd hardly call that prodigious.
The data used in that survey is 10-20 years old (collected 199-2007). Sure since that time church attendance in the Republic has declined by around 5% a year. The Irish Catholic Church is in a mess; can’t recruit priests, reputation in tatters over child sex abuse. It ain’t going to recover; some studies expect church attendance to fall by as much as 70% over the next decade. The same must be happening in NI.

IMHO we are rapidly approaching a point where religion in NI will be nothing more than a label by which lapses and never engaged people identify.

In another generation religion will be largely irrelevant. It will all be about economics. Who provides the best opportunities for prosperity?

The data used in that survey is 10-20 years old (collected 199-2007). Sure since that time church attendance in the Republic has declined by around 5% a year. The Irish Catholic Church is in a mess; can’t recruit priests, reputation in tatters over child sex abuse. It ain’t going to recover; some studies expect church attendance to fall by as much as 70% over the next decade. The same must be happening in NI.

IMHO we are rapidly approaching a point where religion in NI will be nothing more than a label by which lapses and never engaged people identify.

In another generation religion will be largely irrelevant. It will all be about economics. Who provides the best opportunities for prosperity?
It's always been about economics for those who aren't Loyalist or Republican