Telic/Herrick Memorial Service

Anybody watching this?

Met Police Choir - Can't help thinking some of them are on "FTRS" Choir Contracts.

ETA: However, as is usual for this sort of event, excellent Brit standards displayed.

Last edited:

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Nice rendition of "Nearer my God to Thee".

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Anybody watching this?

Met Police Choir - Can't help thinking some of them are on "FTRS" Choir Contracts.
Some of the choir are quite fit though, the blonde Sgt for one! :cool:

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
That was a nice, short, service. Unlike some which seem to go on forever when Royalty are involved.

A nice day weather wise helps of course. Windy but sunny.

Still the unveiling to happen yet, around the other side of Main Building, by the river.

Poor little Alfie Lunn, aged 2. Having a temper tantrum in front of The Queen, and on national television. His mum and dad are never ever going to remind him of that for the rest of his life.

Them.

But seeing as you asked. Is there anything you'd like to confess?
Speak the truth and shame the devil etc.,
Not me, sir. Squeaky clean me.

I would however, have had loved the chance to give Tony Blair a quick clip round the back of the head. Or just seen someone else do it.

The Army Widows' Association were gobbing it on Radio 4 this morning because the memorial organisers didn't invite the families of those who died.

Fair point I felt.

Not me, sir. Squeaky clean me.

I would however, have had loved the chance to give Tony Blair a quick clip round the back of the head. Or just seen someone else do it.
Should I bump into one of the commentators I'll ask him why he didn't. I'll assume he wasn't close enough rather than 'courageous restraint.

The Army Widows' Association were gobbing it on Radio 4 this morning because the memorial organisers didn't invite the families of those who died.

Fair point I felt.
I got the impression that it was a bit of a breakdown of comms - MOD is saying it said to the charities 'sort out the names of those you want invited' and the charities seem to be going something else. Am sure its all more complex than that.

I got the impression that it was a bit of a breakdown of comms - MOD is saying it said to the charities 'sort out the names of those you want invited' and the charities seem to be going something else. Am sure its all more complex than that.
Raised at PMQ's yesterday. Answer to the effect of "Let us know and you will get in".

Lacking Moral Fibre

Old-Salt
Book Reviewer
Anybody watching this?

ETA: However, as is usual for this sort of event, excellent Brit standards displayed.

The copper conducting the choir very enthusiastic, I thought his helmet was in danger of falling off.
I concur with the above comments "Nearer my god to thee" very moving.

I'm glad its one of the things this country still does well-we honour our war dead so movingly and respectfully.

The copper conducting the choir very enthusiastic, I thought his helmet was in danger of falling off.
I concur with the above comments "Nearer my god to thee" very moving.

I'm glad its one of the things this country still does well-we honour our war dead so movingly and respectfully.
Though interestingly, according to the BBC, this is not a memorial to the fallen, it is a memorial to all those - military and civilian - who served.