Telford Watches

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by brecon_billy, Dec 8, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi All,

One of my muckers at my civvie job has recently placed an order with Telford Services ( at the end of August 2008 for a watch.

Despite nurmerous emails and phonecalls no watch has arrived and the money has been debited from his account.

Have any ARRSE'ers had any experience with this company? I have seen their adverts before on the website but have no idea if they are still involved with advertising.

The guy who ordered the watch is a nice young guy and certainly doesn't deserve to be screwed over. Can anyone help?

PS He has been in touch with Trading Standards who have not got back to him as yet.
  2. msr

msr LE

Try the search function, there appears to be a number of people in his shoes.

3. Bollocks to Telford Watches!!!! Have a look at Tokyo, have had two watches from them and delivery within 5 days......Watches wiv a bit of class and non of ya normal High Street crap!!!

Whilst I am here............A very Merry Christmas to all Arrsers from Sailorsam
  4. If he paid by credit card then he needs to speak to the card company, he will almost certainly get his money back. If he paid by debit card or similar then he should have known better!

Always always always use your credit card for mail order/internet purchases.
  5. General Melchett

General Melchett LE Moderator

I thought Telford watches were a site sponsor and always bigging up thmeselves.
  6. I purchased a watch from them last year, a G10. Went for a bath and drowned the fcuker. Sent an email to the company, nothing heard.

rip off barstewards, avoid at all cost.
  7. Linky

Some nice watches there mate, but I wouldn't like to try telling the time after a few shandies

What's the time CF?

Err,...err...fcuk knows!
  8. General Melchett

Tokyo flash. WTF! Very...errr....different?
  9. If you really must have a G10 then follow the links on the ARRSEpedia entry. Telfords are now defunct. Don't bother with MWC either, they flog EXACTLY the same stuff as Ray Wong (watches571) on eBay, but at hugely inflated prices: £200 as opposed to Ray's £30 items (which are surprisingly robust).
  10. General Melchett

Buy vastly over priced CWC watches from a certin London based surplus company.
  11. This is all very disturbing. I purchased a sailing watch from them a couple of years ago - the chap I dealt with couldn't have been more helpful. In fact he sent me two! Being an honest sort of geezer I rang him up and said WTF? and sent the buckshee one back. He then sent me a another cheaper watch as a 'thank you' (ex Russian military I seem to recall) which made a good present for my eldest! I found them here on ARRSE as a site sponsor.

I still have their card:

I hope this helps.
  12. No matter how good a bloke he is / was, He and Telford Watches have gone.

Bad CO did a trawl a while back removing as many of the links to their shop as he could find, which as far as I know is still taking money off people. Any chance you could edit out the web links?
  13. Unfortuantly i'm also in the same fucking posistion and i was stupid enough to use a Debit card. I hope to meet the cunt in a dark ally
  14. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

Removed ....
  15. Sorry! Bad CO had 'snipped' the details before I got to them - Thanks for that. I only put then there to help track the sod down. I hope you find him. I've got a feeling he was ex-Mob........ wanchor.

Happy Christmas!