Telephone Helpline

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by X-Inf, Feb 23, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. X-Inf

X-Inf War Hero Book Reviewer

You may have seen this before but if not it should give you some small amusement. If you recognise yourself then anonimity is permitted.

8O

2. This is the truth and was recorded for training perposes, someone from the complaints department got an earful from a "disgruntled" customer. The support person actually used strong words than depicted here. He was fired even though his boss couldn't stop laughing.

Funny all the same :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

3. This sounds a lot like our stupid Staff Officers. The amount of silly phone calls they give us for simple things.

I was at one only last week where he said his computer had died and nothing was working. All that had happened was the cleaner had unplugged his monitor to use it for the vacuum. So its not just civvie help desks, bloody staff officers cause just as much trouble.

4. On that note.. all you tech savvy smartypants can keep your fingers crossed on my behalf.. and my two story fans will just have to sit on it a bit longer 'til I'm back up and running [ if ever ] ..

after dealing with a Spyware invasion,, many annoying pop-up sh*t ads that my blocker , for some reason, couldn't filter and , now a homepage hijack something or other, the 10 year old IT whiz and his kid sister who live down the street have convinced me to allow them to give me a system makeover and are going to upgrade my 'puter memory and stuff and clean my infections for just a small ransom and usurious time payments...

with luck I should be back up an running by Thursday with a ' new computer ' and able to be back in the ' real world '...

Then I'll tell you the story of how Microsoft ' helped ' me the last time I had a problem..

and maybe I'll finally get to play my Sid Meier's Gettysburg Game without crashing...

5. still trying to find my "any" key

6. msr

msr LE

Make sure they install the firefox browser from http://www.getfirefox.com

Bingo: no more popups, no spyware, no homepage hijacks all at no cost to you!

msr