Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Generalissimo, Jul 18, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just a reminder that these forums are perused by the media, i'm sure many are aware of this. Page 3 (or maybe 5) of The Daily Telegraph today specifically quotes ARRSE. Be careful of your comments, vigilance is a noble thing.

EDIT: Page 4 - Ministers ordered not to smear Dannatt - 4th-6th column.
  2. Which article? Thank you for your vigilance Arrse citizen :D
  3. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Probably this one.
  4. More evidence to show them for the scum that they truly are.
  5. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

In this case, it can only do good. What are they going to do, charge us?
  6. Nah ! Just a few ROP's ............ :wink:
  7. I've never understood why papers quote a site where most of us are anonymous.
    Anyone can post anything (well almost), Including journalists, politicians and anyone who wants an outrage story to appear in the press.
  9. In June 2008 the Sunday Times reported that Dannatt's expected routine promotion to Chief of the Defence Staff had been personally blocked by Prime Minister Gordon Brown "because of his repeated calls for better pay and conditions for servicemen".

It seems they are now deliberately removing his titles to take away from his authority.

I really do despise this Government...
  10. Good point there.

As far as Ainsworth goes I dont think it is much of a secret that rather than being "well liked because of his occasional laddish behavior" he is in fact regarded by many as a grade alpha prat.That is of course those who have any idea who he is.

Ask your adverage tom who Bob Ainsworth is and most will just looked at you blankly.Somthing I find fitting as he is a third rate non-entity.
  11. According to the Telegraph's profile, he was destined for even greater things:-

Seems the Yanks are recruiting foreigners at the top of their armed forces as well as at the bottom.

Do you think I could be in with a chance for Chief of Naval Operations next time it comes round? I quite fancy a big office in the Pentagon.
  12. I see the disgraced government is now on 'first name terms' with General Sir Richard. An awful practice started by 'Call me Tony' Bliar.

They may quote me whenever they like. (By the way - 'they' have thrice since I joined). (For: ashie, parapuke, and other Labour supporters; sadly 'educated' by Bliar's 'education - education -education' misrule, 'thrice means : 'three times'. Three (3) is the number following two (2) and preceding four (4).