Telegraph reporting McChrystal has tendered his resignation

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by BuggerAll, Jun 23, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

The DT are reporting that McChrystal has tendered his resignation.

I know that there is a thread running on this topic but this is 'breaking news' if true.
  2. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Maybe OB can tip up and fix it himself, being commander in chief and all that!
    yes occifers and men should avoid politics and commenting on politicos for the sake of their career but sometimes you have to speak out. Mind you it didnt stop MacArthur being replaced in Korea!
  3. If true, very poor judgement all round...........
  4. meridian

meridian LE Good Egg (charities)

I reckon he is smarter than many people think.

Whilst it might look like he has unzipped his fly, flopped out his c0ck and stamped all over it the reality is, this is a very smart move.

Lets face it, Afghanistan is a mess and Stanley has decided he doesn't want to get associated with a failed strategy, so nicely engineers a public relations disaster that gives him an opportunity to step aside with his reputation, more or less intact

What would you rather be tagged with, opening your mouth once to often or being the architect of yet another disaster in Afghanistan?
  5. Rat and sinking ship springs to mind.
  6. i completely agree. He is being very smart! even if he does not get sacked, he can state in any future enquires into the debacle that is afghanistan, that he spoke up against it but was ordered to do it!!

shrewd move!

Anyhoo Meridan, what are you doing on this sensible site???? hurry back to the Lady Thread and post more of your delights!!!!