Telegraph reporting files from Libyan embassy have details on UK companies.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Wordsmith, Aug 10, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Wordsmith

Wordsmith LE Book Reviewer

The Telegraph is reporting that there are extensive files in the Libyan embassy on the Gadaffi regimes dealings with UK individuals and companies.

Libyan embassy files on Gaddafi regime to be handed over to British authorities - Telegraph

Wonder who'll be in the frame? I think we'll see payments to a number of MP's for a start...

• Like Like x 1
  2. terroratthepicnic

terroratthepicnic LE Reviewer Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Runners

What's the betting it will be, MP's, News Papers and Police Chiefs. Maybe even some banks.

What interesting times we live in.
  3. I'm tempted to speculate with a few names but I'd just be showing my bitter side. Again.

If it wasn't for all the broken glass being cleaned up at the moment we would be hearing a lot of bottles breaking at the publishing that story.
  4. The **** owes me a tenner! I hope I'm not mentioned.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. The Ghaddafi family had / have a lot of legitimate business interests in London. They own / owned an interesting portfolio of buildings looked after in one instance by a very Jewish friend of mine who has a facilities management company, supplying security, cleaning et al to them. This necessitated regular business trips to Tripoli. The FO are now in control of these assets.
  6. Did you just reel off every tabloid 'boogeyman' from the last 2 years, or do you actually think it likely that Gadaffi has been paying off police chiefs (why!?) and newspapers?
  7. Certainly not anyone from BP, they'd never have dealings with such a illegitimate despot.

I see the head of the TNC has just fired his entire cabinet, add a couple of racks of medals, a funny hat and we could be off to a good start with the new management.
  8. terroratthepicnic

terroratthepicnic LE Reviewer Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Runners

I just mentioned them because they have been naughty elsewhere so wouldn't suprise me if they had a second income from a dictator aswell. If , as has been said that the Lybian embassy was used as a spy centre, then police chiefs could of been paid off, as well as MP's and possibly even newspapers to keep quite about anything they found.
  9. I bet George Galloway has had a few dollars in consultancy fees.
  10. I'd like the Sinn Fein fraternity to know how much money was donated to their 'cause'. Might give them more than a passing notion that it wasn't entirely spent on arms or operational necessities.
  11. Apart from Scargill, names like Galloway, possibly some of our "never been a terrorist" MP's from NI, some radical Students groups, possibly SWP or UAF, anyone with a record of being anti govt come to mind, possibly with some Arms/Defence companies!
  12. Alec, surely you are not insinuating that the PAC and other assorted IRA godfathers benifited financially from donations to the glorious rebel cause. Shame on you for tarnishing the glorious struggle and I accuse you of being a NIO stooge bent on spreading black propoganda wibble, wibble, wibble
  13. Andy_S

Andy_S LE Book Reviewer

Good points, one and all.

I suspect those crafty Libyans are also behind the pathetic state of our national football team, the disaster zone that is the NHS, and the woes that have befallen our public transport system in recent years.

Moreover, I am convinced that we will soon uncover evidence that Gadaffi's fifth columnists are giving our rioting chavs the prod.
  14. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Whilst in no way wishing to imply that I think any of these potentially litigious gentlemen may have had their snouts in the Libyan trough it will be delightful if there was proof that some of them had.
  15. I'n sure our former Dear Leader and his Prince of Darkness feature prominantly in those receiving payments from the 'mad dog"