Telegraph Newspaper - Troops denied special Afghan medal

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by easesprings, Aug 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Sorry if this has been published before else where but couldn't find it.

Telegraph Link

Interesting subject, to bring to light and an interesting comment by the MOD
    I remember back in 2004 when 1PWRR were out in Iraq in Maysan where Beharry won his VC there was a call to have the clasp included in their medals due to the ferocity of fighting there. And I have no doubt that there might be similar calls there now due to the ferocity of fighting and bashra being in almost lock down and under seige see first link. But as the deaths are going to continue it seems we are back on a war footing perhaps we should now award the clasp as well.

However the MOD comment that serving soldiers recieve the medal and then there are galentry awards for those actions in the face of an adverse enemy holds some strength or do we go down the route of the US where you recieve a Purple heart for a splinter in you finger, a medal for swimming 25 meters et al. Personally I don't think that would work but perhaps in Afgan those in the quieter areas are only nowadays to wear the NATO issue medal and those in the busier areas wear the OSM

Under Seige

Army Warns of Bashra Deaths

I open it to the floor, you comments or ideas...... Discuss

2. Oh well I tried..... Hadnt seen that one

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.