Telegraph: More bang for our buck

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by eveyoz, Nov 9, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

2. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

There's some interesting posts and excellent reposts!

IMHO, the Eurofighter is something we need, as are the carriers, new tanks, better armour, better and more helicopters and another VSTOL fighter.

These things are all manageable if the GDP expenditure goes back up to 5%+ on armed forces, where it should be.

It's too easy to forget the lessons of history, like what is has cost us as a nation to be unprepared for war, from any quarter.

I've said it before - all our global competitors (the big boys) are spending unfeasably large sums of money on re-arming their forces: China, Russia, the US and others.

Do they know something we don't? Are the winds changing whilst we sleep?
  3. The winds changed a while back, but as our wind socks 1a had been replaced by "Meter digital direction wind 1a", giving a read out in Mils accurate to 0.01 Mil and costing GBP50,000 each (as produced by BAe) nobody noticed, as nobody could understand it. :roll:
  4. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

I would imagine that this is because of huge cost over-runs which have led to a cut in the provision of facilities for said device, which has meant a costly re-design, and thus, there was not enough sponds left in the budget for an Manual - Instruction For The Use Of (apart from the one the Spanish produced, but nobody can be bothered to speak Spanish).

5. Is it just me or does this sound like one of those dodgy emails that goes round the internet? You know like "Barrack Obama is a Muslim fundamentalist.." etc etc