Telegraph Magazine Afghanistan Article 22 May 2010

thegimp said:
Isn't Carl Jung an eminent psychologist?

Sebastien junger?
Yes it's Sebastian and I agree M_G that does look an intense and, I should imagine at times, an uncomfortable read as well.

thegimp said:

Sebastien junger?
My bad. Must've been a Freudian slip.

miles_gloriosus said:
thegimp said:

Sebastien junger?
My bad. Must've been a Freudian slip.
Perhaps your brain was Adler-ed?

I'll be on my Kierkegaard next time, to be Shaw.

Markintime said:
miles_gloriosus said:
I'll be on my Kierkegaard next time, to be Shaw.
Just do one at a time, it makes it look much Nietzsche.
Fair point. Kant.

I only got a C in (A) level psychology, ainsworth the paper its printed on, wundt shout about it

thegimp said:
I only got a C in (A) level psychology, ainsworth the paper its printed on, wundt shout about it
You obviously didn't get enough Marx.

Any comments by the better informed on the validity of this statement?

'Combat is such an adrenaline rush,’ he says. 'I’m worried I’ll be looking for that when I get home and if I can’t find it, I’ll just start drinking and getting in trouble. People back home think we drink because of the bad stuff, but that’s not true… we drink because we miss the good stuff.’

Dunservin said:
Any comments by the better informed on the validity of this statement?

'Combat is such an adrenaline rush,’ he says. 'I’m worried I’ll be looking for that when I get home and if I can’t find it, I’ll just start drinking and getting in trouble. People back home think we drink because of the bad stuff, but that’s not true… we drink because we miss the good stuff.’
12 months in theatre is too long and the mind becomes used to exceptionally high levels of risk and adrenalin. It is the craving for adrenalin that causes many to do things to excess, not just drinking but general risk taking including gambling, dangerous driving, high-risk sports as well as illegal activity. The body craves the stimuli that create adrenalin rushes and the highs they can produce.