Telegraph: How soon should we withdraw from Iraq?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by KGB_resident, Jul 31, 2007.

?
  1. Yesterday

18.2%
  2. Immediately

10.9%
  3. Leave Iraq as soon as possible

27.3%
  4. This year

9.1%
  5. Next year

3.6%
  6. In 2009

1.8%
  7. In 2010's

3.6%
  8. We should keep troops in Iraq for as long it takes! Decades if necessary.

25.5%

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I reckon if we called "Op Scarpa", we could leave one bloke behined to switch off all the lights, get everyone else to jump into all serviceable vehicles and make for the Kuwait border a la whacky races.....could all be out by the time corry starts

2. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

With most of our chaps restricted to one plot, there's not much point sticking around now is there?

3. Captain Mainwaring sir, I'd like to volunteer to stay behind and turn the light out.

No, Corporal Jones we need you and your van to scarper, that is withdraw, to Kuwait. Private Pike, you are to stay behind and turn the light out.

Why me? It's always me. I'm telling Mum Uncle Arthur it's always me.

Be quiet you stupid boy!

4. So is Russia there now Serg?

Who's this "we" crap you posted?

You don't have the right to post this type of thread. Where do you get off driving a poll like this.

5. Trip_Wire

Trip_Wire RIP

After hearing the latest interview, with your PM, I doubt that your troops leaving Iraq will be all that soon, unless the Iraqis in their sector are ready to take over their own security, etc.

Of course, he's a politician, so one never knows, how true his statements are!

6. The question is held by British newspaper The Daily Telegraph. By we the journalists mean the British. Some variants in the poll were given from opinions of the readers of the newspaper.

7. Schaden

Schaden LE Book Reviewer

He's just waiting till after the Sept report from the Generals then it's all out as fast as possible.

8. You don't know Brown. My interpretation of the same speech was "we will be out of there by Christmas"

9. Agreed, Browns speech effectively means that troops will be out of Iraq fairly soon.

I'd say majority out by end of '08. He said he would listen to commanders appraisals etc. but he's got to be shown to be different to Blair, and this is one big way to prove it.

10. When it is right to do so.......

11. Before it gets dark.

12. In time for last orders.

13. AlienFTM

AlienFTM LE Book Reviewer

What worries me is that under Neue Arbeit Macht Frei, half the army is in Iraq: if they suddenly pull out, there'll be another excuse for Options For Change

14. Havent the MOD sold of all the beds, bedding, cookhouse cutlery etc for all these troops in Iraq and Afghanistan as a money saving measure. Are bedspaces not being whole fleet managed now and if this is the case where are we going to put all these troops when they are pulled out, under Waterloo Bridge?