Telegraph has documents on Balls/Brown plot to oust Blair

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Wordsmith, Jun 9, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Wordsmith

Wordsmith LE Book Reviewer

The Daily Telegraph has got its hands on some internal documents about how Gordon Brown, Ed Ballls and Ed Milliband plotted to oust Blair. The story is here:

Labour coup: secret letters reveal how Ed Balls plotted to overthrow Tony Blair - Telegraph

The newspaper has also put up scans of a range of documents and memos that the plotters wrote. They are truly entertaining reading.

In one of them Gordon Brown's weaknesses are listed as being perceived as humourless, dour, moody, aggressive and unapproachable. Really?

In another we can see the the spin developing:

ABOLITION OF POVERTY MUST BE PART OF REASSERTION OF IMPORTANCE OF
    EDCUATIONAL OPPORTUNTIY AND FAIR OUTCOMES
    DENMARK HAS 3 PER CNET CHILD POVERTY.
    SWEDEN 5 PER CENT
    FRANCE XXX PER CENT
    BUT BRITAIN STILL YY PER CENT

So child poverty is a problem because we've got YY% of it. Nice to know they've identified the problem before they know the figures. And I do love the way they can identify the EDCUATIONAL OPPORTUNTIY. If the people then in change of our country can't spell, that might just explain why our kids leave school unable to do so either.

Should start a good civil was within Labour. Grab a bag of popcorn, pull up a seat and enjoy...

Wordsmith

2. I first read it on Sky News web site.
    My I Luv Labour
    "The Backstabbers"

john

3. Wordsmith

God, its hilarious - this is how Project Volvo decided to re-brand Brown to make him loved in the country at large:

Addressing 3D shortfall
    Demonstrate wider interests
    - Family, leisure, lifestyle
    Promote background and how this has shaped political beliefs
    - State schools, family background, long-standing friends, personal triumph over adversity
    Reveal passion and compassion
    - Africa moments in the UK
    Show humour, character, charm
    - More Richard and Judy opportunities; use Richard and Judy mode at all times
    Avoid situations that brand in a negative way
    - PMQs etc.,

"Show humour, character, charm" - oh please....

Wordsmith

4. Is it such a great revelation?

5. I think they got the vowels wrong in the project name - some are going to come out of this looking right c*nts!

Q

• Like Like x 2
  6. What kind of politicians would put their 'cunning plots' in letters to each other? What's this? The 1940s?

7. Cold_Collation

Cold_Collation LE Book Reviewer

Well it's more secure than email, innit?

Oh. Hang on...

8. Wordsmith

Emperor Mong to Ed Balls - go on Ed, you keep your documents about the plot so you can use them in your memoirs when you retire. There's no chance they'll end up in the newspapers....

Mwahahahahaha

Wordsmith

9. jim24

jim24 Book Reviewer

10. Do you think this might have something to do with Honest Tony's book coming out in paperback soon ?
    No such thing as bad publicity.

11. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

What I am trying to work out is how anyone can read this as anything other than

1. Labour was completely f***** up at the top for a long time. Not new news.....
    2. Ed Balls is not to be trusted in any capacity.

Any word on how they got their hands on these docs?

12. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Ed Milliband and the Labour party are performing perfectly at the moment. FFS don't even suggest to change anything.

13. Brilliant idea. Make Gordon into a "Volvo":-

Solid
    Dependable
    Designed with crashes in mind
    Does 0-60 shortly before the warranty expires, even with foot on the floor
    Leaks fluids uncontrollably when under stress
    Sometimes locks you in so you can't escape if there's a crash
    You can only afford to run one if you can print money

• Like Like x 1