Telegraph: Fox's friend Werritty a 'Walt'

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
Liam Fox's new ex-best friend has been described as a 'Walter Mitty' Figure.

Adam Werritty 'indulged in fantasy like a Walter Mitty figure' - Telegraph

Friends of Liam Fox rallied to his defence today, describing Adam Werritty as a "Walter Mitty figure" who took advantage of his relationship with the Defence Secretary. "He was hanging around and popping up in places, trying to be part of a group. This guy was clearly a Walter Mitty figure," said one friend who wished to remain anonymous.

Mitty was the tragi-comic fictional character created by James Thurber, who indulged in fantasy.Dr Fox is under mounting political pressure to explain why his best man accompanied him on official trips overseas, including attending sensitive meetings with the Sri Lankan government. Mr Werritty acted as his self-styled adviser, yet was given no authority to do so by the Ministry of Defence.

One friend of the minister told the Telegraph Mr Werritty "pretended he was something he wasn't", saying: "Adam is someone who took advantage of a close friendship. He’s been masquerading – it’s weird, but mostly harmless."
1) Can ARRSE sue for breach of copyright?

2) Is he a 'walt' walt?

Wordsmith

Definite bum banditry going on. My Gaydar went off the scale when I first read about this at the weekend.

A long Tory lino of botters running the MoD. Maybe they daisy chain with Portillo.

Where does Fox's wife fit into this? She sounds like some sort of fag hag.

This stercus accidit with the little "attempting to give a damn..." box is hilarious. How do
people do that?
You can add text & images to your signature in your profile page through the 'settings' function (top right of the page).

This may give ordinary decent Walts a bad name.

I can think of more apt terms when your tiny, RN trashing, bumptious best chum also pretends you are an accredited VIP suitable to court dodgy foreign oligarchs for political funding rather than just a freeloading crony.

Don't you think botty fun at the tax payers expense is stretching it a bit........ ;-)
Mandlebaum had his Brazilian on expences, much to the loud shoutey doctor's displeasure in Stormont, for a number of months/year+.
He is now seen attending the Bilderberg Group.

Mandlebaum had his Brazilian on expences, much to the loud shoutey doctor's displeasure in Stormont, for a number of months/year+.
He is now seen attending the Bilderberg Group.
Sending tiny Dr Fox to Stormont would be cruel, the Devils Island of British politics... a petition might be an idea.

The other post that comes to mind is Middle East Peace envoy.

This may give ordinary decent Walts a bad name.

I can think of more apt terms when your tiny, RN trashing, bumptious best chum also pretends you are an accredited VIP suitable to court dodgy foreign oligarchs for political funding rather than just a freeloading crony.
Very creepy too. At least foreign politicians have scandals involving women.

i don't think they were "chums" & this Mitty tale is a red herring, they were doing it to make money & they're not the only ones with their snouts in the trough, just wait & see

Werritty's dropped off the radar completely. He needs to be found and probed. Anyone seen him?
Swimming pool in Orpington.......... no wait......... that's one of his MOD cs advisors. I could check the sauna by the poolside but I try and avoid such zones with overweight males. Why not give it a twirl yourself. Take a poly bag for your notebook and pencil.